Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Delinquent date. Comcast

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error in Delinquent date. Comcast

So I canceled my comcast subscription in June because I moved in with my girlfriend. Failed to pay my last month bill and they put me in collections in july. One month after I closed my account. On my credit report it says the account has been delinquwnt since April 16 2014. How do I go about disputing that?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Error in Delinquent date. Comcast

You could file a dispute with the CRAs saying the Date of First Delinquency is incorrect. If they verify you could then do a direct dispute with Comcast.

That said, having them report the date of first delinquency as a few months earlier could actually help you - it means it'll get deleted a few months sooner after the 7 month period has passed.

Have you already paid this? If so, I might skip the dispute and focus on sending GW letters.

If you haven't paid it, I'd try PFD directly with Comcast.

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 2 of 4
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

I called the Comcast EO for my daughter and they were more than happy to PFD....for 50% of the bal.  If you listen to the whole stupid menu, it gives you an opportunity to connect with the EO.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When you cancelled your account would not establish the DOFD.

What was the due date on the last billing statement that you did not fully pay by the due date?

As for a dispute, you either file a direct dispute of a dispute via the CRA,  You dont do one and then the other.

A second dispute that is substantailly the same as a prior dispute can be dismissed without any investigation.

If you dispute, I would send  a direct dispute to Comcase,and provide a copy of your last bill that you did not timey pay, which would be evidence your asserted DOFD.

However, I agree that it is a bit counter-productive to arge a DOFD later than the one currently reported.

Clearly, getting a PFD agreement would obviate any issue of credit report exclusion.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.