Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eviction given as reason for denial but

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eviction given as reason for denial but

My wife and I are rebuilding our credit and going through the process, but needed a car. Tried through Cap one and was denied. 4 reasons given for denial but two made my draw drop. 1 was for eviction and the other was for eviction two recent. However, we have never been evicted or moved out of a house prior to the lease being up. Last house (we lived in 5 years) and paid our 76 (for dusty light bulbs) and moved. Now i am stressed where this came from. None of our credit reports show public records and did a public records search for this county and nothing. I am at a loss and worried. Any advice to track this down.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Eviction given as reason for denial but

My speculation is that they did their own public records search, such as via Lexis-Nexis, and found a public record somewhere that they consider to be related to you.

Public records searches are notorious for matching a posted record with the incorrect person, as they normally do not provide adequate personal identified information to permit unique matching.  It is often guesswork when a record becomes associate with you.

A recent and huge class action lawsuit, for example, was based on inadequate matching of public record information to consumers, and has resulted in the CRAs modifying their identifier requirements before including most public records in consumer credit reports.

I suspect you are a victum of improper matching.

I would contact the creditor and request full identificaiton of the public record that they have associated with you.

You can then contest the association of that record with you.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. When you say contact the creditor you mean Capital One (the one who sent the info) correct?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if they got it all wrong. We have some owner financed land (we are the creditor) and WE had to file foreclosure procedings. The person buying the land from us had fallen behind on Taxes and the county sued him, and by default us as a non liable defendant. A quick glance at records might be confusing.
Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, I mean contact the creditor who denied your application for credit.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you be able to have a conversation with your previous landlord to remove the eviction?
Message 6 of 7
bass_playr
Established Contributor

They did not have a previous eviction, that's the issue he is posting about.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.