Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example GW to remove charge off/sold item

tag
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Example GW to remove charge off/sold item

Hi folks,

I have a stubborn negative on my credit report (or I'm impatient).  I had a very late payment on a Home Depot/Citibank account that they sold to another lender and wrote off $311.  I settled with the new creditor that they sold to right away and they and I are square.  However, the original negative with HD/Citibank is still reporting on all 3 reports.

1) I believe a GW request to HD/Citibank is my next move. Looking for confirmation.

2) Does anyone have an example GW for this type of situation that I could modify for my own details? I looked in the "GW examples" frequently requested thread and didn't see anything that related to a written off/sold account.

3) Does anyone have a contact (email/snail mail) for a real live person to direct a GW letter to in addition to the generic address that they'd care to share with me?

Many thanks in advance.

K

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Example GW to remove charge off/sold item

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.