Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example Letter to OC

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Example Letter to OC

I was an authorized user on one of my DH's credit cards with HSBC.  They have me listed as a Joint Owner which was not the case.  I need to send them a letter requested proof that I signed an application, etc. to prove that I owe them this debt, which I'm sure I don't.

If you've written a DV letter to an original credit please share a copy of your letter so that I'm not having to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks a bunch!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Example Letter to OC

Did you dispute it first..and t came back verified...that is the only way you can DV the OC...
Message 2 of 5
adamseve
Established Contributor

Sure did.  They simply wrote me back and said that they sold the account to Collect AMerica.  I've disputed this for years because I was never a joint owner on this account.  So, now I'm fighting back with an OC DV.  Or, should I try a GW 1st?

Hoping this will get this off my credit.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you should send the OC DV letter first...then if they verify...send a PFD...so what's going on with the CA???....
Message 4 of 5
adamseve
Established Contributor

Thanks for your response.

Not showing up on my credit report yet.  However, I've found a loop-hole:  this account was included in Ch 7.  OC can't sell this account to ANYONE.  They are in violation of the Discharge Order and this could get me some $$.

I'd rather have it off my credit however...so, my hubby & I are going to have our BK attorney send them a nice little letter! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.