Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Boost

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Boost

Have you guys heard of Experian Boost? I just logged into my Experian account and it recommended using their “Boost” program to increase my score.

Basically, you give Experian access to your bank account and they report your positive payment history for the utility or cell phone bills of your choice. If you miss a payment they don’t report it and you can add or remove it at any time.

This sounds great, but I’m curious if any of you have tried it out yet. Also, I’m wondering if it will make any difference for mortgage scores which are my main focus right now. Anyone know?
2 REPLIES 2
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Re: Experian Boost

There are several existing threads on this topic. I tried Boost; it picked up two of my utility accounts, and.....I got no EX score boost.

If you have a relatively thick file, it seems unlikely that Boost will of much help. Of course, YMMV.

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian Boost

Like other have said. JMO. Giving anyone access to your banking moves and such is a bit too much. Paying bills from your account is one thing. But having a CRA watch what you do? No thanks. If there is a switch that can be located on my phone or PC at home. Its shut down. But theres still background info you cant get to even with all the experts out there on how to protect your privacy. They still get it some how. Thankfully I never had Facebook. Perfect eaxmple.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.