Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian CA payment history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian CA payment history

Are collection accounts on EX supposed to have a payment history? All my CAs are reporting payment histories of 'C' as of the date they were first reported. So for instance, a medical collection shows it was opened 9/14 and started reporting 12/14, so from 12/14 to 9/15 (the last update) it shows the months with a 'C' underneath. Is this accurate? All my collections under "potentially negative items" are reporting this way.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian CA payment history

Payment history is reported by the creditor under their original account with the consumer.

The creditor can continue to report a referred collection under their own payment history if they own the debt, and have an assigned collection.

Debt collectors report their actual collections, which are stored in a totally different segment, called the K-segment, of your credit file.

Reportings by debt collectors dont have Payment History, as you dont have an account with the debt collector.  They report an Opened date for their collection, which ts the date they obtained their collectin authority.

If the question is also whether a creditor must include Payement History of derogs prior to their reporting of a collection, the answer is no.

Reporting of derogs is voluntary, and they can choose to report no other derogs, or each and every prior delinquency.

The requirment under the FCRA is not that they must accurately report all prior history.  It is only that what they do report cannot knowingly be inaccurate.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian CA payment history

I don't know how to get a picture on here but basically the payment history showing has absolutely nothing to do with the OC. It only begins once the CA first reported the debt. Other than stating who the OC is, there is no other reference of the OC anywhere. Plus, the OC wasn't even a creditor, it's a medical office (at least this one in particular is).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.