cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Charge-Off First Date Reported Re-Age?

tag
Careless20sSmart30s
Established Member

Experian Charge-Off First Date Reported Re-Age?

Need help understanding what would lead to the "first reported" date changing?

Explanation as to what "first reported" means according to Exeprians website.

First Reported
The date when the first account status was reported by the account holder.

Reason I'm asking is because under the online results when Experian "updates" the only thing that changes is the first reported date. The dates stay the same year but the month changes (ie. 7/2012, 8/2012, 9/2012, 10/2012) 

Account in question was charged-off in 2015

Each credit bureau has it's on way of presenting certain infomration, so excuse me if these are dumb questions, but i just can't seem to put my finger on it.

Is this Experians way of showing the FCRA complaince dates?

Am I wrong to assume this is some sort of re-aging?

Why the hell would the first reported date change, That should be a constant, shouldn't it?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, positive and sarcastic Smiley Tongue

FYI... I've tried researching it but there isn't much information besides what i have listed above specifically mentioning the "first date reported" maybe I'm looking in the wrong places

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian First Date Reported?

Welcome. Are you talking about a new account added to your reports?

Message 2 of 9
Careless20sSmart30s
Established Member

No this account been on my report since 2012 and it's the OC reporting the account.

Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That is strange. As long as the DoFD which is the date the fall off clock starts doesnt change on the CO. Now that would be a major re-aging violation. Maybe someone else has an answer to this goofy reporting. Never seen this topic. #HeadScratcher Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 9
Careless20sSmart30s
Established Member

Thanks for the reply FireMedic1 Just making sure I'm not losing my mind.

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian Charge-Off First Date Reported Re-Age?

The date of first reporting of a delinquency is not the same as the date of first delinquency (DOFD).

A creditor can report a prior delinquemcy at any time after it has occured.

Once they first first report to a CRA, that date is fixed, but it is not a statement of when the debt first became delinquent.

It is simply when they first decided to report that information to the CRA.

Once an account has reported a charge-off, the creditor is then required under FCRA 623(a)(5) to additionally report the date, by month and year, of the date when the debt first became delinquent and remained so up to the taking of the charge-off.

The DOFD is usually not first reported to a CRA when the account first becomes 30-late, and even if it is, the DOFD would be a month prior to the date of the 30-late.

Message 6 of 9
Careless20sSmart30s
Established Member

Thanks  for your reply. I was hoping you and other like you would chime in.

So the date first reported = The date of first reporting of a delinquency. Makes sense

But what doesn't make sense

Is that this account didn't go deliquent until 2013. The first reported date has changed from 7/2012, 8/2012, 9/2012, 10/2012

That's 1 year before any delinquency appeared on this account. How can they report a date "first reporting a delinquency" 1 year before one occured?

I've attached screenshots of the account reporting. It makes no sense to me. I get the DOFD is the major conponent to re-aging. Prior to the past year the "date first reported" has always stayed constant at 7/2012EXETER.JPGfirst reported date changing 2019first reported date changing 2019Experian chnaging first date reported 2.png

Payment history.JPG

Message 7 of 9
Bkewlbro
New Contributor

I'd leave sleeping dogs lay unless you plan to setup payment arrangements and follow thru. I had a stimulor thing happen With Wells Fargo (that's actually set to fall off next month for me), but they changed EVERY FP(Failed to Pay) to 120 day late derogs, dropping my score 100 point! Point is, it can get worse! Be carefuly with online disputes unless you're 100% you can have something removed or corrected.

Message 8 of 9
Careless20sSmart30s
Established Member

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.