Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Credit Dispute Issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Credit Dispute Issue

Ok Great --- 

Can you share some of the details if you can. Just replace the fields you should see from the report --- with your own. 

Account name
Account number
Recent balance
$0 /paid as of 04/24/2016 -  What does this say?
Date opened
04/2015- What does this say?
Status
Open/Never late (Does this say = Pays as agreed - or Closed, Paid)?
Type
Charge Card (Does this say Installment?)
Terms
NA (Does this say 72 months? (or something like it)
Credit limit or original amount
What does this say?
High balance
What does this say?
Monthly payment
What does this say?
Recent payment amount
What does this say?

Is there a date Closed?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

OLD Credit Report

Account name
Account number
Recent balance
Not Reported
Date opened
Oct 2008
First Reported
July 2012
Status
Paid/Closed
Type
Education
Terms
83 months
$2869
High balance
Not reported
Monthly payment
Not Reported
Recent payment amount
Not Reported

Is there a date Closed? No, just last reported in Dec 2012

UPDATED Credit Report

Account name
Account number
Recent balance
Not Reported
Date opened
Oct 2008
First Reported
July 2012
Status
Paid/Closed
Type
Education
Terms
83 months
$2869
High balance
NA
Monthly payment
$0
Recent payment amount
NA

Is there a date Closed? Now the last reported date is 10/2012
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok ---- Well this is what I would do, and considering that you have already disputed the account with Experian and to no avail. This response for your dispute assumes that

Your Open Date is correct

Your Closed Date is correct

File this with the CFPB 

Please feel free to take the text and massage it to fit your needs. The bulleted item are the issues that should stay as close to they are aas possible. 

My "Texas Guaranteed Student Loan" Tradeline is not reporting correctly, and is both incomplete and then inacurrate. 

I dispute the validity of this account, and ask that this record be either corrected when verified with the creditor, or deleted as allowed by FCRA. 

1. This account is a "Closed" and "PAID" account. 

2. This account does not have a Closed DATE, and should because its status = PAID/CLOSED

3. The Terms are innacurate, its lists 83 months (or almost 7 years) - when it was only OPEN for 4 years. This value should be 48 months (please confirm and correct if needed)

4. Is missing Pay History, as this account was open for 4 years, and only 4 months are displayed, incompletely and then wholly inacurrately.  

5. Is missing Balance History, as this account was open for 4 years, and only 4 months are displayed, incompletely and then wholly inacurrately.  

6. Has "Collection" in the Pay History, when the PAY STATUS accurately reflects PAID/CLOSED 

Let me know if this helps - I can bet that you disputed this account in July or /November correct?

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help and suggestion, I hope I do not need to file a compaint with the CFPB unless as a last resort. Here is a copy of the letter that I sent to TG last week, if they do what they should and delete the record then all will be good. If not then I will have to take further steps.

Texas Guaranteed Student Loan

PO Box 83100

Round Rock, TX 78683

Attention: Analysis Department

I would like to bring to your attention an issue I noticed with the reporting of my student loans to the credit bureaus. Please refer to the documentation provided in the following 6 pages. On page 1 there is a 30 day late notice for September 2012, I brought this to the attention of Experian as I did not have a late payment during that time period. They conducted their investigation and updated their status as noted on page 3 and 4.

The results of this update were even more damaging than the original report as now it shows the loan as 30 days past due and going into collection. I called TG customer service yesterday and they advised me that the reason it shows as “Collection” is because the loan was consolidated with Direct Loan Svc System. I felt that this was an inaccurate representation of the situation and I was then advised to contact the analysis department about this situation. I would like to emphasis that this loan never went into collection and was always current, the loan was shown as current once it was consolidated by Direct Loan Svc System as indicated on page 5 which is my Transunion report dated June 2015. Please disregard the 90 day late payment on that report which was an error and has since been deleted by all three credit bureaus and documented on page 6.

At this point I feel that there has been a lot of confusion and reporting errors between the four lenders that held this loan in the timespan of a calendar year and am politely requesting that it be deleted. Thank you for your attention to this matter and please feel free to contact me at XXXX

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand what you are saying, I went through the same issue - with Experian a few years back. 

They "updated the account" and then it became such a mess - that no one - could fix it. 

That once positive account - destroyed my credit because of the data --- and sometimes, makes the account "undeletable" because its so distorted. 

I too - hope you dont have to go to the CFPB - but if you do --- you have the amunition. 

Good luck.........

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hadn't had any response so yesterday I called back the creditor and asked if there was an update. She couldn't give me details but she said it appears that 2 letters went out yesterday, one to me and one to Experian asking for deletion.

Hope this is the case and all will be good. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.