cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Dispute allowed only once?? really ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Dispute allowed only once?? really ?

Any useful info is appreciated:
I disputed a few items w Experian because they were outdated (and most of their DOFD are re-aged by collectors) and they denied the disputes, still reporting the items. Fine. Now I realize that a bunch of them have incorrect payment histories as well, so i tried disputing same items to correct that, and wasn't able to. Just got a message that "this item was verified on June 21st and can not be disputed again". Um, great, now what?

Q1: an item can only be disputed once even if for different reasons?? And if so, how do i correct what's still wrong?

Q2: What can I do when a CA "verifies" a disputed item that I KNOW is false (one example being Pallisades Coll claiming an AT&T acct that i've never had, and I'm sure they can "verify" my info because I've already had an account send to them in the past - a real one, that i've paid off - and now they've just made up an AT&T account, seriously)

Thank you
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Experian Dispute allowed only once?? really ?

I have run into the same situation with Experian so I just write them letters.  Eventually I get a response.
Message 2 of 6
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

I really hate to deal with them .They are totally suck,and this morning i called them to disputed one acc were it was deleted from EQ & TU easily,and when i called them they were asking me to send them paper works & for things it does not make any sense at all,and finally this conversation end by having a big time argue on the phone .
So to me EXPERIAN is the worst then the other 2,and they need to change the way how to handle this kind of issue .
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh EXP is by far the worst. I guess cuz they're the largest one, so they have the most information and they take the longest to update. 
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you sent the Full Media Debt Validation (DV) to Palisades for the bogus account?

If you haven't, then I think that's the first place to begin. 

I encourage you to take a brief step back and do some reading on the Rebuilding Your Credit board, as there's a TON of info on here about Palisades and other CA doing exactly this.  You won't be disappointed ~ in fact, I'm confident you'll feel empowered, I know I was!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bounceBACKandSTAYup wrote:
Any useful info is appreciated:
I disputed a few items w Experian because they were outdated (and most of their DOFD are re-aged by collectors) and they denied the disputes, still reporting the items. Fine. Now I realize that a bunch of them have incorrect payment histories as well, so i tried disputing same items to correct that, and wasn't able to. Just got a message that "this item was verified on June 21st and can not be disputed again". Um, great, now what?

Q1: an item can only be disputed once even if for different reasons?? And if so, how do i correct what's still wrong?

I went send your dispute in via mail/fax. I've never been in this situation, so I can not offer much advice. Just curious, are you using the same report # to try and dispute as you did for your last dispute? Not sure if that affects anything, but maybe?

Q2: What can I do when a CA "verifies" a disputed item that I KNOW is false (one example being Pallisades Coll claiming an AT&T acct that i've never had, and I'm sure they can "verify" my info because I've already had an account send to them in the past - a real one, that i've paid off - and now they've just made up an AT&T account, seriously)

If you haven't DV'd the CA, I would now. I would also file a complaint with the BBB, your AG, their AG, and the FTC.

Check to see if they must be licensed and/or bonded in your state. If they are required to be, are they?

Thank you

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.