Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Dispute by Phone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Dispute by Phone?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if its still possible to file a dispute with experian over the phone. No matter what number i try i cant seem to get a live person on the phone. I have also tried pressing 0 during the automated message but still no luck. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Dispute by Phone?

Is there a reason you must do it by phone, and you aren't open to trying it online?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everytime i try online it says there is a problem and is unable to continue.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call 479-343-6239 - Enter your social and once the recording starts press 1, then 1 again and then 1 one more time. You will then get a live person. Tell them you need to speak to someone in disputes and they will transfer you.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried, but it says "i'm sorry i didnt get that" then hangs up.

Message 5 of 8
bass_playr
Established Contributor

I had success earlier this year by calling 877-284-7942.  I do my disputes over the phone because I'm in a one party state so I can record the calls in case there is any issue.  

I NEVER advise that you dispute online through the bureaus' websites...EVER.  If you read their terms of service that you must agree to, you are waiving your rights to pursue damages against the CRA in the event that they do things wrong that cause you harm.  NEVER do this online.  Use certified mail or phone.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A number of years ago I sued Experian.

Now whenever I call I get sent to a special department.

They are surprisingly helpful.

Message 7 of 8
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Never knew there was a difference with terms from online to the phone. Thanks bass good to know.

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.