Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early Exclusion Success +37 Points

tag
cem13
Established Contributor

Experian Early Exclusion Success +37 Points

I have a DP on my EX EE success.  In JAN2011, I filed BK7.  The journey to date has been filled with laughter and tears.  I had a terrible time getting my reports corrected as they were a mess.  The CRA's fought me tooth and nail over the past 10 years and would not correct the errors on my report.  Bit by bit, day by day, I would get minor successes.  However, today I reached a significant milestone in my life:  EX EE dropped BK7.  Score 708 -> 745.  (17% Util; AAOA 6 years, longest 15 years; 2 accounts > 70%, 7 accounts < 70%; 100% on time payment with no baddies)

I filed a dispute with EX on-line on 01OCT @ 12:02AM; exactly 3 months from JAN2021 removal date on my CR.  I entered "other" for the reason and "I am requesting early exclusion for my BK7" in the notes.  On 05OCT I received notice that the BK7 was verified and will remain on my report.  "Removal Date JAN2021".  I thought, ok; I will call on 01NOV and speak to someone live for an EE.

Today, I wake up, while doing my daily morning duties, and "ding"; I get a notification from Experian that my CR has changed and my score has increased.  My accounts report the first week of every month and I have been getting 1~2 point increases monthly as my debt is reduced.  I did not think much about it:  no coffee yet.  

Then I reconsider and log into Experian.  The main page shows a +37 point increase, Public Records show "0".  However, there is no message that the dispute was reconsidered.  The dispute message still shows "BK7 remains until JAN2021".  I pulled the EX report and the BK7 is GONE.

TU gave me an EE in July and I saw a similar pop in score.  I will wait until 01DEC20 to request EE from EQ @ 12:01am.  I do not see the value in waiting a single minute to allow the CRAs to fight me any longer.

To those that are re-building:  keep fighting, keep pushing, keep learning.  Never let the CRAs beat you down.  We live in a 24/7 world and it seems like FOREVER to get any satisfaction.  Life is not easy, but do not give up.  My life Post-BK7 has improved drastically.  Prior to BK7, I robbered Peter to pay Paul and all the while paying high interest for at least 10 years prior.  But then I lost my job in 2010 and that forced me to file BK7.  I am sorry I did not file years before.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian Early Exclusion Success +37 Points

Congratulations on your success! Those are great score increases.
Message 2 of 6
credit8502020
Established Contributor

@cem13 wrote:

I have a DP on my EX EE success.  In JAN2011, I filed BK7.  The journey to date has been filled with laughter and tears.  I had a terrible time getting my reports corrected as they were a mess.  The CRA's fought me tooth and nail over the past 10 years and would not correct the errors on my report.  Bit by bit, day by day, I would get minor successes.  However, today I reached a significant milestone in my life:  EX EE dropped BK7.  Score 708 -> 745.  (17% Util; AAOA 6 years, longest 15 years; 2 accounts > 70%, 7 accounts < 70%; 100% on time payment with no baddies)

I filed a dispute with EX on-line on 01OCT @ 12:02AM; exactly 3 months from JAN2021 removal date on my CR.  I entered "other" for the reason and "I am requesting early exclusion for my BK7" in the notes.  On 05OCT I received notice that the BK7 was verified and will remain on my report.  "Removal Date JAN2021".  I thought, ok; I will call on 01NOV and speak to someone live for an EE.

Today, I wake up, while doing my daily morning duties, and "ding"; I get a notification from Experian that my CR has changed and my score has increased.  My accounts report the first week of every month and I have been getting 1~2 point increases monthly as my debt is reduced.  I did not think much about it:  no coffee yet.  

Then I reconsider and log into Experian.  The main page shows a +37 point increase, Public Records show "0".  However, there is no message that the dispute was reconsidered.  The dispute message still shows "BK7 remains until JAN2021".  I pulled the EX report and the BK7 is GONE.

TU gave me an EE in July and I saw a similar pop in score.  I will wait until 01DEC20 to request EE from EQ @ 12:01am.  I do not see the value in waiting a single minute to allow the CRAs to fight me any longer.

To those that are re-building:  keep fighting, keep pushing, keep learning.  Never let the CRAs beat you down.  We live in a 24/7 world and it seems like FOREVER to get any satisfaction.  Life is not easy, but do not give up.  My life Post-BK7 has improved drastically.  Prior to BK7, I robbered Peter to pay Paul and all the while paying high interest for at least 10 years prior.  But then I lost my job in 2010 and that forced me to file BK7.  I am sorry I did not file years before.

@cem13  Congratulations!

Message 3 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the success! A word of caution in regards to EQ EE though: we generally advise letting EQ age off on its own, as asking for EE often leads to a whole new can of worms with them.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ could ruin cereal. I would not trust trying to EE your BK off. As Omar said, wait the 30 days and let it fall on its own. After this long, such a short extra wait is nothing compared to the screwups they can introduce.

Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your success.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.