Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early Exclusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Early Exclusion

I have (2) baddies with NFCU that are scheduled to go off my Experian report in March 2021. 

I had called back in December to try to get them off, and was told I would not be eligible for early exclusion until February. This makes sense since the March 2021 date includes two months early. 

I called today 2/1/2021 around 9:30am, and asked to speak to a supervisor and when I was transffered to one she was able to take care of my EE request and informed me that it would take a few hours to come off my report. I receive email notifications that my dispute results are ready, and when I pull them up they are marked UPDATED! On one of the accounts no information was actually updated and it still shows on record until March 2021. The other account was updated as Closed, and there is no mention of "on report until" date. The DOFD on both accounts did not change from what it was previously. 

I called back and talked to a supervisor today who was less than helpful, and simply told me the request for early exclusion was denied, and she couldn't tell me why. She mentioned that the one account is scheduled to come off March 2nd, 2021, and the other is like middle of March, and to call back in like a week.

Does the one month early exclusion go by the actual day? That would be the only thing that would make sense. I've read every EE thread on this forum, and have never seen anything to indicate that. The credit reports don't mention a day, only a month of "on record until".

I'll call back in two days and dispute the one account that is scheduled to drop off on March 2nd, 2021, and see if that works. 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Early Exclusion

I've seen some people that have requested EEs creditor dependent like yours being NFCU is that the creditor may be the one denying the EE. Like someone stated they tried to get a EE from an Wells Fargo account but it was not removed. So that could be that case but I don't know for sure because I've never done a EE.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

EE should be an internal proccess within Experian and tracked via the dispute process. These same accounts were removed from TU a few months ago, so I doubt it has anything to do with NFCU.

Message 3 of 26
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would say it could be the creditor denying the EE request, because they are not obligated to comply (creditors are notified by the bureau when EE occurs) and can re-report the TL. It's interesting though that TU was fine and EX is giving you a hard time. Maybe it is because it's not the right day of the month?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you're right about it not being the right day of the month, and is consistent with what the 2nd supervisor told me today (to call back next week). If that's the case I'm fine with it, but I was told this morning by the first supervisor that it would be deleted in a few hours.

Message 5 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The creditor is never involved in an EE request. Exclusion of a derog is in the control of the CRA alone.

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

The creditor is never involved in an EE request. Exclusion of a derog is in the control of the CRA alone.

The CRAs do notify the creditor and since EX submitted it as a dispute it was definitely sent to the creditor. The creditor can have it placed back on if they feel so inclined.

EX should not have processed it as a dispute in the first place.

Message 7 of 26
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

I called today to get EE on a charge off that was scheduled to drop next month, in March.  I followed the typical script, which worked for me (literally cut and pasted from the forum):

Experian handles EE through the dispute department but not as a full-blown dispute.

When you call in, ask for the dispute department. Tell the person there that you aren't disputing the tradeline, you're asking for EE and you understand it's done through them.

They will open a dispute but it's in name only - it's their vehicle for tradeline deletion. You'll get notification that your dispute is open but don't panic. If your tradeline is eligible, in 24-72 hours it will close and the tradeline will be gone.

When I called, I did just this.  The guy on the phone went away for about 10 minutes.  When he came back, he said it would come off in 24-48 hours.  It took about 8 hours, and I've already been notified that it's off.

Message 8 of 26
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@myquestionsfico 

I am thankful for your post!

My clock is still ticking.  Now it is a game of patience,  1.5 years to go.

Message 9 of 26
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

Hang in there - the waiting game can be hard.  I can tell you this - it's worth it.  

It turns out that they dropped another old CO of mine today too, so I got a little lucky.  I didn't ask for that - I was going to call for EE in July,  but it just fell off today too.  That said, I've had to be super patient, and it can be hard!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.