Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early Exemption Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Early Exemption Success!

I've been in the working on getting my BK13 removed from all my reports and finally move on with my life. I realized I was in the 3 month time frame for Experian so I opened a dispute online and requested an early exemption. After two business days I got an email that my dispute was finalized. Check my report and it was gone. FICO score jumped 37 points!!! Two down and one to go. Transunion removed it in February via online dispute on thru CK. I will try Equifax next month. 

UPDATE!!!! 08/02/20

On August 1st EQ deleted my Ch13 BK a month early without me asking. I finally have a clean report with no negatives what so ever. Oh and EQ score jumped 56 points.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian Early Exemption Success!

Congratulations on your EE success!
Message 2 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Careful on filing a dispute. Call next time and ask for a supervisor. You dont want anything to update.

TU - 6 months early
EX - 3 months early
EQ - 30 days early, but don’t do it. They'll screw it up more.

Message 3 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I know what it feels like to get a BK deleted, congrats on the EE Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read several post before disputing and most people said when calling a supervisor they just open a dispute anyway. It's their (EX) policy. It was my last negative account/record. Hopefully I'll never have to call or dispute ever again!!! Lesson Learn!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let EQ fall off on its own. That bureau is a dumpster fire. The odds of them making things worse are enormous. Wait the extra 30 days and it'll come off just fine on its own.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a little update with Experian EE, mine went off without a hitch so I tried the same steps with DW's report. They took almost a week to respond to the dispute and when they finally did they just said the BK was valid and it was staying. Plus her score dropped 10 points. Needless to say she was a little frustrated. So the next day after she got her "Oops my bad" 2 dozen roses from Costco...I went to check her Experian App to get the phone number to call them and I noticed that the public record had been deleted. 

Now we both just have EQ showing the BK. I will take everyone's advice and just let it fall off naturally in the next month or so. 

Message 7 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Awesome job 👍👍

last month I disputed late payments on EQ and they removed the whole account : ) it was due to come off Jan 2021

Message 8 of 12
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

EQ will totally screw you up!!!! Lesson learned!! 

I have called, emailed and sent snail mail. Everytime it has resulted in disputes despite explicitly in all caps and in bold letters stated, "I AM NOT REQUESTING A DISPUTE" but asking for EARLY EXCLUSION of an account and what do they do? Yup initiate a dispute! 

I have not had any luck with early exclusion from EQ while others got it just be asking. 

Message 9 of 12
nastalgia
Valued Member

I've had this 9 CO of 12yrs but last reported was in 2011, I just got off the phone with TU and the rep tried to tell me EE is no longer granted and it has to stay on your credit file for 10yrs, which I found it quiet hard to believe and was ready to hang up the phone with the information she just provided me with. So I requested to speak with her supervisor as its been the advice here on this forum, she transfered me and her supervisor looked up my credit file and didn't even let me finish and told me "Ok its deleted effective immediately" Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised and that a letter will be sent be sent out in 7 days confirming it. YESSSS!!!! 

My TU scores have been doing quiet well and even with 9 CO's every score in the 700's except for Mortgage scores which is still average because of the 9 CO's. I am hoping my mortage scores and other scores will go up significantly from here on. 

I still have to write a GW letter to my old credit union to see if they will delete a 7yr $25 checking overdraft CO that has been reporting as a laon off so my EQ and EX could breath some life. I will let my other 9 CO's on EQ to fall off naturally in Nov.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.