Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Fax Number Anyone?

tag
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Experian Fax Number Anyone?

Does anyone have a recent fax? Would be grateful for any help. I tried to use the experian upload and that failed. Thought faxing would be easier and quicker. Either fax or overnight to them, which I'd rather not spend the money on. Thank for any info in advance.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian Fax Number Anyone?

@rprisco wrote:
Does anyone have a recent fax? Would be grateful for any help. I tried to use the experian upload and that failed. Thought faxing would be easier and quicker. Either fax or overnight to them, which I'd rather not spend the money on. Thank for any info in advance.

Have you contacted their customer service and asked for the most current fax number?

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are you faxing them and why?

Message 3 of 7
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Interestingly, Experian is the one credit bureau that sending faxes are nearly irrelevant; as, every other method of contact, including calling them on the telephone, works just as well, if not better.

Experian Upload also works. At least it has in the past.

The consensus, however, is going to be to send Certified Mail, and track it. - For the "just in case" scenarios.

If you really feel like faxing Experian a simple google search will be instructive.
Message 4 of 7
rprisco
Regular Contributor

I have not called Experian, because I do not want them to have a chance to convince me to dispute over the phone, I learned my lesson on that one.  I have had success in the past sending dispute letters by fax to Experian.  With that said...

I want to dispute by fax because I am disputing PRA.  It makes me nuts that they are reporting a collection as a "factoring" account with "1 month" terms.  First a factoring account pretains to a business account, typically a business sells accounts receivables at a discount and the factoring company takes over; Factoring Companies are also governed by the UCC.  Second, This is not a business account they are trying to collect, moreover, I never agreed to back or co-sign anything to PRA much less agreed to a single term.  PRA claims they have no choice but to report it that way and blames it on the CRA and has no explanation why other so called collecton agencies manage to report alleged collections just fine.  Amex denied me back in June and Sept for business cards based in part upon EX and TU reporting deliquent factoring account.

After many failed attempts to dispute with the CRA, I had written many direct dispute letters and FDCPA letters trying to get this resolved and not one of those letters were answered, finally months later, I file a complaint with the CFPB, that led to nowhere except for they admit they received the letters and never responded. 

As you can see the failure to respond to a direct dispute is a violation of the FCRA and that carries not only a mandatory requirement for deletion of the item, it also carries a financial sanction of $1000 if sued in the court.  I also sent FDCPA verification letters, these too were not responded too, this carries a financial sanction of $3000 if sued in the Court.  They admit to receipt of the letters.

The issue is no longer a valid debt or not, the issue is failure to respond to a direct dispute requires immediate deletion from the CRA and failure to comply with the FDCPA requires a cease of collection activities. 

With the above said and with the hope of avoiding litigation, I filed a complaint with the BBB and not only disputed the way they are reporting, I made a counter demand for $4000 to avoid court,  that has led to mediation.  Now the mediation is coming up, I decided to once again dispute Transunion, I was successful.  So figured I'd do the same with EX.  I have a hunch they would rather just delete the darn thing than hash it out in mediation and that is just fine with me.  I made it clear, that alleged $1000 allleged factoring debt would cost them dearly in legal fees and sanctions.  These guys are crooks, this is not my account, I even offered to pay them if they would remove it.  How stupid they said no.  Now I will not pay it and I will sue the crap out of them pro se if I have to.  How much more could they collect if they would just allow PFD.  It is not my fault the business is listed with the CRA as a factoring company.  When they post that information, they imply that the debt is with the OC, that I am in default of the T&C's of 1 month and that it was assigned to internal collection and charged off.  Get out of Town that is misleading and not factual at all. 

So thats why I wanted to fax, lol.

Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 5 of 7
trusty
Frequent Contributor
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of today the fax number to the Equifax Dispute Department is:8888260727

I will share the others as I speak with the credit bureaus.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.