cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian KD Question

tag
NowWaht

Experian KD Question

Hello all. So while paging through my reports, I noticed on an old/closed account with First Premier CC on Equifax had me marked KD for March 13...... Problem is that is when I first began my credti repair Journey after doing an inquiry at the bank for a home loan, the loan officer said" you have these three things listed and they need to be taken care of" including phone numbers. Called the Collection Agency who was represented on the report and paid it immediately. Knowing what I know now I should have done a PFD but it is in the recent past  and I can't undo it.

My question is Who precisely is responsible for this KD on my Experian report??? Did Experian mark me like this because it was a collection that I paid off? Did they recieve this negative info from the Original Creditor? Did the Collection Agency report this Key Derogitory to Experian? Who do I need to contact to remove this mark? Is there any way to get it removed?  It shows on my report that the time since my last negative to be .3 years<<<<<<<< When in fact it should be beyond 5years ago>>>>>>>>??????

I know that this negative is holding weight on my score, I think that a negative for paying off an account that is almost falling off my report is about the most obsurd notion I have ever concieved.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Experian KD Question

A KD is a code used by the CRA.  The CA has nothing to do with it.  It has no impact in and of itself but means that the underlying account is a Key Derogatory which in this case means a collection account.

Does the KD correspond to the month you paid off the account?  Had it been updated monthly before that?

Has it been updating since paid?

Message 2 of 11
NowWaht

Hi Guiness. Thank You for taking time to respond. Yes the KD corresponds to the Date Paid. But no it has no further marking beyond march. Only one KD in march, and only with equifax, with all ok before, but nothing after march. Is there anything that I can do about this mark?

In my report it lists this as a recent negative and I am teetering, I dont have many accounts, most of them are newer so this im sure is holding at minimum some weight on my score......

Message 3 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The KD has no impact on your score.  The collection does.  It will until it is removed, paid or not,  as they are  scored the same by FICO.

You can send a GW letter to the CA and ask if they will remove it.

I am going to venture a guess that the TL had not updated in a while before you paid it.  When that happens, a current date is used and it appears to be a new collections.  It shouldn't happen like that but it does.  When a TL updates monthly and you pay it there is no impact to your score.  That is why it looks like it is more recent than it is.

Message 4 of 11
NowWaht

OK, So I know you have been around here for a long time, This account was with First Premire...... Do you know of any people that have had success with GW from them? Do you happen to know whom I should speak to over there? I have tried to call them and couldn't even get in through the robo phone system because I dont know my old cc# to even get to a person... Maybe a contact at their Executive Office? I have no plan on disputing accurate info but I would so love to be able to be rid of this mark.

Message 5 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I'm a little confused.  Who is reporting the OC or the CA or both?

FP says they do not do GWs but I have seen many get things removed.  You just need to be persistent.

As for the contact, do a search using the function at the top right.  You might find a thread where someone has the needed info. Or just do a post asking if someone does and if they could PM you the information.

I don't have any contact information.

Message 6 of 11
NowWaht

See Below....

Message 7 of 11
NowWaht

I think its being reported by the Original Creditor? It shows up under their Trade Line in my report on the Experian line of the report under First Premier...

Message 8 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 11
NowWaht

The CA, Has no line on my reports, only First Premier. To top it all off I would have let it just stagnate if I knew it would effectually re-age my negative....It was five years old. Still searching for GW contact.... Have to at least try.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.