Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Paid Collections / Charge Off Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Paid Collections / Charge Off Question

It may be. I really don’t know anything about federal student loans.
Message 61 of 73
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, sorry this post has gotten out of hand and we've forgotten the original issue. But in summary, it was always a derogatory account but had come out if collection. It was showing a missed payment (or Experian was reading something as a missed payment). Which was translating to a "recent delinquency" on my credit report.

Something has changed today after my dispute updated so I'll report back in a couple days when the dust settles.

Any updates?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 62 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.  And I am concerned and confused.  (I can post photos now so here are some snapshots).  My credit score went up 4 points (660 > 664) and is holding.  But after the dispute closed, I now have an N next to the 2 ECMC accounts for Dec and Jan (this is when I did the disputes).  They both look the same so I am posting 1 from the hard report from Experian as of today.  

Additionally.  In the "What's hurting your score" section in the report all the way at the bottom, I see 3 delinquencies (which I am assuming are 1 CapOne account from 2013 which had 5 late payments that is about to fall off this March and then 2 of these ECMC accounts).  What is most concerning is that it also reads that my most recent missed payment was 1 month ago.  This account was not even open in Jan of 2020.  

FACT: ECMC said that they dont report payment history.  So what is this late payment?  There is no way its any other account.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 11.11.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-27 at 11.13.33 AM.png

Message 63 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can see it was updated January 23, 2020. And I don’t think any creditor has the right to update another creditors tradeline, so obviously the CSR that you spoke with is incorrect. It’s pretty plain that it was updated and as you have stated updated incorrectly.
Message 64 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, something clearly isnt right here.  

@sjt what do you think?

Message 65 of 73
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

This may have been the backlash from disputing accurate info. It can bite you and mess things up even more. If its still there next month. I'd file a complaint with the CFPB on the late that was posted after an account was closed. Stay away from the CRA's for now. Get you papers together to upload that shows when it was paid and the document that you just uploaded and let the CFPB have it. See what happens. I'll ping @RobertEG  on what other steps to take when inaccurate info like this arises and what else can be done.

Message 66 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I'm thinking my late payment dispute got me in this mess. But I'm just trying to dispute something that didn't happen. Nothing was late. I paid the account completely. My December dispute and Jan dispute back fired as you said.

But still, soemthing should be done here. ECMC claims they don't report payment history, they gave me the codes they do report. And I also believe them because I just found some more proof in my reports from months ago that no payment history was coming from them.

This has to do with how Experian is reading the results of the disputes and that's not correct. And with them, it's like talking to a wall. All they want to do is file more disputes (which will make stuff worst!)

This is pretty infuriating. Specially after paying the thing in full!

Message 67 of 73
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Let ECMC handle it with the CFPB complaint. It is affecting them and the CRA's reporting inaccurate info. Even though it isnt really them. Maybe they can tell them to remove it and that they didnt authorize the CRA to report false info on their behalf. If that doesnt cut it once the CFPC responds. Then repeat the same process with EX.

Message 68 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

What proof do you have that they don’t update their own tradeline? And if they don’t who does? No other creditor has the right to update their tradeline except them, so no one else could have done it.

And if Experian did it on their own that would be pretty crazy. Can you imagine a CRA putting It in black-and-white that they received an update in January when they did not?

I think a CFPB complaint is correct.
Message 69 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

ECMC said they only update 3 things.

If the account is current, if its closed and paid or if its in default and open.  You can see from the screenshot that I posed that the same screen also says "you've made 100% of the payments on time for this account" or something like that in green.  Also, TransUnion and Equifax dont see these updates even though theyve rec the date the same dates as Experian.

Something messed up when I did the 2 disputes with Experian.  Whatever data ECMC is sending, Experian is reading as "N" and thinks im missing payments.  

I will call ECMC tomorrow and get a super on the phone.  I will explain this again and tell them that whatever updates they are sending, its taking me a step back and then I will tell them that if they dont delete the account completely, I have to get the CFPB involved.  

Message 70 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.