Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian ScoreBoost

tag
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Experian ScoreBoost

Did anyone do the free Experian scoreBoost?

Will this help at all? My score stayed the same but it added my cell phone and utility bills to my report, they tell me.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Re: Experian ScoreBoost

this is a new feature offered by Experian.

Message 2 of 19
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

BUMP

Message 3 of 19
texasbred71
New Contributor

I did it on both mine and my wife’s. We both gained over 40 points after it added 3 positive Tradelines on both our reports. We are in the midst of repairing and it was prettty significant help.

Message 4 of 19
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Excellent.

I think it will start helping me as I continue to pay T-Mobile and my electric bill each month and it will show as 2 positive tradelines

Message 5 of 19
texasbred71
New Contributor

Nice thing is you can delete them at any time and it won’t report anything negative on them.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not considering taking part in this “feature”, but for the sake of conversation, am I understanding it correctly that these utility/phone bills have to be paid directly out of a bank account in order to be detected and reported? What if you pay for these bills with a credit card - I’m assuming those payments wouldn’t count?
Message 7 of 19
texasbred71
New Contributor

For ours I added 3 positive Tradelines from scanning my bank account. My cell phones my ATT U-verse bill and one other. I pay these off my debit card and it just basically added all those monthly payments as positive Tradelines just from scanning my bank account.

Message 8 of 19
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Yes I believe from a bank or debit card. They asked for my bank info and then scanned my bank and found T-Mobile and my electric bill.

They reported the good history on my Experian report. 

Too bad most lenders use Transunion and Equifax.

Message 9 of 19
GreatAlaskan
Valued Member

I signed up for the beta, still have not been given access yet.

I'm honestly on the fence about giving them my bank info.  Not because of hacking, but what happens to the data itself.  Experian is a business, and nobody does anything for free.  There's a lot to consider.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.