Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Thanksgiving surprise....Charge off deleted early

tag
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Experian Thanksgiving surprise....Charge off deleted early

I checked my Experian account this morning as usual just to make sure my regular payments had reported and was surprised to see a 14 point increase.  When I investigated the reported my last baddie, a charge off for Synch/Amazon dropped off last night....WHAAT?!?!  The date of first delinquency was listed with Experian was listed as 5/13, even though this was actually off by a month (the actual DOFD was 4/13, but I decided to leave well enough alone), I had marked on my calendar to call in February to request and EE.  The odd thing about this charge off was that it did still show 30/60/90 and then multiple FP listed afterwards.  Whether that had anything to do with it or not, I don't know...needless to say, I did a happy dance that scared the bejeezus out of my dog!  WHOOT...2 clean reports now.  Only Equifax left...this same baddie should drop from this report on 3/1/20.

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

21 REPLIES 21
WarthogWrangler
Contributor

Re: Experian Thanksgiving surprise....Charge off deleted early

Same thing happened to me this morning. Two Synchrony accounts gone. Amazon and Care Credit. Looks like they are purging old CO accounts.
Message 2 of 22
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@WarthogWrangler wrote:
Same thing happened to me this morning. Two Synchrony accounts gone. Amazon and Care Credit. Looks like they are purging old CO accounts.

Happy Holidays to us!  Now, if Synch would only early purge my Equifax account!

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 3 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!
Message 4 of 22
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Happy Bird Day!

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WarthogWrangler wrote:

Holy cr@p, same here - I had an old Synch/Amazon derog that would drop 4/2020, had the reminder set for 1/1 for EE. Just went and looked and it's already gone - looks like you're right, they are purging Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 22
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats!

Now if only LVNV would do that for me and delete their collection off my reports. Smiley Sad

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also just realized a Sync/Amazon CO from July 2013 was removed from EX....   the last time I checked was NOV 16th and it was there and reported the same way you had described 30/60/90 FP/FP........ sure would be a great Turkey Day if TU and EQ follow .

Message 8 of 22
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@WarthogWrangler wrote:

Holy cr@p, same here - I had an old Synch/Amazon derog that would drop 4/2020, had the reminder set for 1/1 for EE. Just went and looked and it's already gone - looks like you're right, they are purging Smiley Happy

Sooo, just thinking out loud here.  If Synch is purging, would it be safe to expect these derogs to fall off the other bureaus as well? Hmmm?

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 9 of 22
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

It was a total purge!  Equifax is now clean.  TU was previously EE’d...I’ve now got 3 clean reports.  I can’t recall a time when I’ve had 3 clean reports.  If it wasn’t for this forum I would still be on the struggle bus.  I can’t thank you all enough. Now, to secure that mortgage!

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.