cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian & Transunion scores growing but...

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Experian & Transunion scores growing but...

My Experian and Transunion scores are growing at a much higher speed than my Equifax score and I am trying to figure out why.  My Experian score has shown the most growth with my lowest Fico 8 score from that bureau at 523.  Since February it has rose 115 points and currently sits a 638.  My Transuion at 629 and my Equifax at a 621.  This has been the case although my Equifax shows only 1 collections while the remaining 2 reflect 2 open unpaid collections.  I have no public records but I am dealing with a series of lates from various accounts from 2 years ago.  I have 3 settled charge off accounts, 2 of which were updating monthly until February and March (although I settled with the company in Feb Smiley Mad). 

The only thing I can think of is the fact that my mortgage account which was opened over 9 years ago and has a current good pay history of the last 2 years has been closed on Equifax and $0 out for some reason, while it remains open on TU and EX and reflects the current balance.  According to my reports, my account has not been updated with the CRAs since May (that is when it was closed on EQ and updated on TU and EX).  I have tried calling Nationstar and I was told that I would receive a response in the mail but that was almost a month ago and according to CK my account still shows closed on EQ.  

With all of that being said, what do you guys think?  Could this be the reason for the lower score on EQ or is EQ just going to be my lowest credit score?  How hard should I fight this?  I should also add that one of the negative factors listed on my EQ is "too few accounts in good standing."

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
2 REPLIES 2
bhill40
Valued Member

Re: Experian & Transunion scores growing but...

I think the update is the issue, once that happens,, you should see a score increase.

Message 2 of 3
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: Experian & Transunion scores growing but...

@bhill40 wrote:

I think the update is the issue, once that happens,, you should see a score increase.

But my question is when will it happen?  My mortgage tradeline has not been updated since May.  This is so annoying because Nationstar has a responsibility to report accurate information.  If I were late, I bet they would report that in a heartbeat.  Do you think I can get them to update if I call again?  I am attempting to refinance my auto loan and the credit union uses EQ scores.  Smiley Frustrated  

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.