Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian and Equifax Early Exclusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian and Equifax Early Exclusion

I have a $25 medical collection that is not on TU. On EX it says removal is 1/19 and EQ doesn't say when removal is. Since i am 3 months out I logged onto both sites and didn't see anywhere to request an EE. I did find the dispute rather easily. What would the reason for dispute be? On EQ there is a box that says I am no longer liable. But on EX there isn't anything along those lines. 

I have seen posts on here that says they filed for EE online but I just can't seem to figure out how. I don't know if I even need it off early or not. I've been holding off on a new car hoping until early next year. And that is still the plan. However if my car craps out sooner than I'd rather have this taken care of. I know the fico 8&9 don't hurt too much but in the event the dealership I go to(hoping for NFCU) uses an older version, then I think it is best to have it done now.

Is the only way to do it over the phone? I fold rather easily since I feel I need them more than they need me and I don't want to piss anyone off that I need help from.

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian and Equifax Early Exclusion

Phone is the easiest way to do it. Call in and ask for a supervisor as soon as it’s answered. They’ll probably ask why, and you can just say “I’m calling to ask for early exclusion of a tradeline that I believe qualifies, and it’s my understanding that only a supervisor has the ability to do this.” They’re understanding and know this. You’ll be transferred to a supervisor and you can just ask them to do it. If you’re inside that bureau’s allowable window, they will most likely clear it for you on the spot. I have yet to come across anyone on here saying that a qualifying EE was denied.

From what I recall, EQ allows EE three months out, and for EX it’s one month, which may be why you don’t see an online option with EE. That button on EQ is likely your online EE request. I have seen people dispute the tradeline and use the “debt is too old” option, and in the comments they entered an EE request but it seems like some people have tried using the dispute method and haven’t gotten their desired result immediately - it shows up as a refreshed and disputed tradeline.

In your shoes I would just call in and ask. Overall shared experiences here indicate that it’s quick and painless. This weekend I read someone’s post about doing this and once they told the supervisor, they were on hold for less than a minute, and the guy came back on the phone and said “done”. Shortly afterward they received a CK alert saying “your score has increased”.

It won’t always be that quick a turnaround in your score, so the sooner it’s gone, the better - give em a call and get that debt off your records Smiley Happy

Let us know how you make out - we all love success stories Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 27
sjt
Senior Contributor

Experian (EX) is 3 months out and Equifax (EQ) is 1 month. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

That's how I had heard it as well. TU, I can confirm firsthand, is 6 months. 

Message 4 of 27
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

That's how I had heard it as well. TU, I can confirm firsthand, is 6 months. 

And we love TU for that Smiley Happy

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am curious about Equifax EE the only thing I have left to drop 1/19. 
What number is everyone calling to get to a Rep?  Has anyone had success to get EE 3 months early for Equifax?

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I started by calling EX first since I've seen numerous times that their EE is 3 months. 

The csr I got asked why I needed a supervisor and he said he had never heard of that before but put me through to one. The supervisor said it had to go through the dispute center. I got a supervisor over there. She asked for all of my info to verify and then asked why I was calling. I told her for an EE and that when I called in August they told me to call back in October. She said she needed to look at the account and put me on hold. When she came back she told me it would take 24-72 hours to process my "dispute" and then in 7-10 days it should be complete. 

I told her I didn't want to dispute but I wanted an EE and she said that is just how they call the process. Am I screwed? Would I have to give an extra information for it to be an actual dispute? If it was disputed and comes back verified could there be an negatives or will I just wait my 3 months for it to come off?

Also I got an email saying my dispute is open and should be complete by 10/31

Message 7 of 27
2IMPROVE1
Contributor

I spoke with Experian today as well and the same thing they told you they told me.  I then saw I had a dispute alert.  I believe I have read somewhere here on the forum that this is how Experian handles the EE.

August 2018- Equifax 658 TU 651 Exp 659
October 2018-Equifax 703 TU 701 Exp 706
January 2019 Equifax 708 TU 704 Exp 710

Message 8 of 27
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

+1@2IMPROVE1

I just disputed a collection AND EE’s on 2 INQ’s(due to fall of later this month) and disputed alerts from EX OPEN and next day, EX Disputes Closed and removed all 3.

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well hopefully all goes well then. I just heard "dispute" and got freaked out. Now if I can get Eq to EE, all I have left is to GW wells fargo dealer and I am clean.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.