Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian being stubborn on EE. advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian being stubborn on EE. advice?

I have a BOA account thats due to fall off in June this year on EX and May on EQ.  It's already been removed from TU via EE.

i've been trying to get it removed off my Experian report since March 1 with no luck.  I just got off the phone again with a rep who refused to pass me to a supervisor, but also said that even though my account is inside the 3 month early removal window it's not eligible because the late payments wont fall off until June.

Once the lates fall off  and the account becomes positive then he said I could have the whole tradeline removed.  But as of right now the payments are  stuck until June.  I asked him quite a few times to make sure and still said the same thing each time.

Should i just call again and speak with another rep and supervisor?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian being stubborn on EE. advice?

If the account just has lates in it you dont want EE, you want to request a good will removal of those lates with the creditor directly. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

its got lates and was closed down in 2012. rep said once june comes around the lates will turn positive.  is it better to just leave it be?  I tried getting them to delete the whole tradeline but wouldnt budge

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, if the lates will go away, it becomes a seven year old positive tradeline that will benefit your score from a payment history angle as well as (likely) an AAoA perspective.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I would leave it alone. I am kicking myself really hard for getting EE on two student loans with a single 60 day late from TU in January. They deleted them which removed accounts I had since 2009 and would have continued to report until 2024. I had sufficient cushion to avoid AAoA going under 2 years but Equifax and Experian are both still over 3 since they have those accounts and I’m not going to ask for EE for those, just my repo with EX next month. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

the lates will turn positive? how is that a thing?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
the lates will turn positive? how is that a thing?

Changes to no data when they hit 7 years. Thus the account loses that negative history and only reports as a positive. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.