Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian.com error

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Experian.com error

I subscribe to the 'Credit REport and Score' from experian.com and discovered today from my refreshed report and I quote'You most recent late happened 0.2 years ago' roughly 2-3 months ago according to them

So freaked out by that since I know I havent been late at all in anything, I comb thrugh all the accounts expecting to see a red square with a 30 in it; but nothng.

So I call EX customer service and the CSR tells me that they have to investigate this. If they really put my late this close, this could be dragging my score a lot since it's recent.

I was very annoyed that now they told me 'We will call you in 48 hours'. How much point can that be costing me? I understand that it's the plusscore.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian.com error

Interesting......Please, let us know what happens.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 12
jeduhi
Contributor

I had the same happen yesterday with TU. I disputed some accounts online and was pleased to see the erroneous accounts removed. Only to find they added some recent lates on a student loan in deferrement. My score plummeted via USAA Credit Monitoring, I am waiting to have all my credit cards report as PIF to see the damage on here. I have went from numerous collections to one and a charge-off. Only to have my score drop, this is totally aggravating. This is something that effects peoples lives and they are constantly making mistakes for which I have to use my time and hard work to fix.

Message 3 of 12
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I had a dispute for some things on my EQ report - to see randomly on 4 accounts, EACH reporting 29 - 120 day lates.....

Yes, that is 116 - 120 day lates.... my score dropped BIG TIME

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous_V wrote:

I had a dispute for some things on my EQ report - to see randomly on 4 accounts, EACH reporting 29 - 120 day lates.....

Yes, that is 116 - 120 day lates.... my score dropped BIG TIME

I beat you this time.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....I had an $80 collection from Kay (DOFD Early 2008) since they never updated my address when I moved despite thae fact that I called them..Fast forward, when I started paying attention to my credit, I caled them and offered a PFD but they didnt agree so I PIF anyway thinking i can GW...wrong,

So check this, I pay them in March of this year. They update my CR's with (23 times - 90 days late)...what a bunch of nice people eh?

I lost a lot of points (about 35) and have been trying to have them remove this account to no avail. If only there was a law that protected the consumers on PIF collections as in lets say it stays on your report 3 years instead of 7.5.

Message 5 of 12
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Right - 

thats a load of BS because that hurts you more (for them reporting lates) .... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 6 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

I logged on today and refreshed my EX report and score (PLUS).

Remember how they were saying that 'Time Since Negative It has been 0.2 Years since the last time negative information was listed on one of your accounts.' ?

Todau it said 0.1 years. They were supposed to have investigated it and call me back. So i went from 0.2 to 0.1 years since my recent lates. The last lates I had was over 1 year ago (about 13 months). I again went over all my account and they were all 'green' for the last 13 months. No recent lates at all showing. How the heck can they do this. I will call them back tomorrow. I'm furious.

Message 7 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

Ok correction, the plusscore is 2 points higher than my FICO

Message 8 of 12
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

So would you recommend calling like Ex, Eq or Tu? 

Because i have disputed it and came out with NO results.... x.x.x.x.x.x.x

im so frustrated....

Funny thing is, these are with my Cap1/MCM accounts that have been paid off for over a year.... 

Message 9 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous_V wrote:

So would you recommend calling like Ex, Eq or Tu? 

Because i have disputed it and came out with NO results.... x.x.x.x.x.x.x

im so frustrated....

Funny thing is, these are with my Cap1/MCM accounts that have been paid off for over a year.... 

I would haunt them with calls as long as it takes them to correct the info. I will do the same in my case. Since they keep telling me that they will investigate and I havent heard a word from them. My report from them doesn't show any lates so far (and I know at least in the last 13 months, I havent had one late.

Recent lates generally kill your score. So I'm thinking that once they correct this my plusscore will go up  a bit (FAKO of course but hopeully this translates into an upward bump in my FICO next month)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.