Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian dispute response. *confused*

tag
js2787
Established Member

Experian dispute response. *confused*

Maybe someone who has done a dispute can help me. With experians wording,

long story short. My girlfriend did a pay for delete for a small account. She received all the necessary paperwork from the collection agency stating the account was paid in full with a single payment and that they agreed to delete the trade line.

This account appeared out of no where from long ago. Since she was in the middle of looking for a car land getting a loan , we decided to call the CRAs and see what we could do to have them delete the trade line faster..TU and Experian had us fax the paperwork in and advised it would take about 5 business days before it was deleted from her report. Equiifax had already deleted it. This was yesterday.

Today she received this as her "results"

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2rh8n6p.jpg[/IMG]

This  message is confusing as it lists the same account twice. With one outcome saying "remains" and the other saying "pending" . Does it mean when they started the investigation it "remained" and now it's currently "pending"? It really doesn't make sense seeing as it says these are the results, especially considering it says remains after we sent the necessary paper work from the CA saying they would be deleting it. I mean Equiifax has already deleted it so obviously the CA has already sent out the necessary paperwork.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
andersk08
New Contributor

Re: Experian dispute response. *confused*

To me it lookslike 2 seperate disputes. Maybe it was disputed before you guys faxed the paperwork in? Experian is funky with disputes. As long as 1 says its pending I would assume theyre going to do the right thiing and delete it. Keep us posted

Starting Scores: ( 9-9-14 )
Equifax FICO - 507 TransUnion FICO - 580 Experian FICO - 535
Current Scores: (10-08-14)
Equifax FICO - 552 TransUnion FICO - 639 Experian FICO - 609
ALL pulled from MyFico 3 Bureau Monitoring
Goal Score - 650 Across the board ( For Starters )
Message 2 of 10
js2787
Established Member

Not sure how it could have been disputed twice. We contacted them and immediately faxed over the paperwork and that was it.

I am not even sure why it showed up as a dispute. The person we talked to never mentioned such. Just to fax the paperwork and allow 5 days to be deleted, assuming the paperwork was all correct. Maybe that's just the way they label it.

I did fax an explanation as advised by the the person I spoke with at Experian fully explaining the situation clearly with every piece of information they could need, down to the direct numbers of the supervisors at the collection agency.

thanks for your response. 

Love this forum!

Message 3 of 10
andersk08
New Contributor

I agree this forum rocks! In all honest I owuld wait out the 5 days and than contact them again and see whats going on. Best of luck! I know all too well the struggle of legitimately removing baddies from your credit report!

Starting Scores: ( 9-9-14 )
Equifax FICO - 507 TransUnion FICO - 580 Experian FICO - 535
Current Scores: (10-08-14)
Equifax FICO - 552 TransUnion FICO - 639 Experian FICO - 609
ALL pulled from MyFico 3 Bureau Monitoring
Goal Score - 650 Across the board ( For Starters )
Message 4 of 10
dursty87
Established Contributor

When I have got early exclusion from Experian in the past they basically initiated the dispute to delete it. Mine said pending for 2 days then deleted after. Hopefully it is the same in your situation.
Message 5 of 10
js2787
Established Member

Checked again today,still says the same thing.

Hopefully tomorrow it comes off and I receive and email. If not I will be calling Monday afternoon.

Message 6 of 10
js2787
Established Member

Good news!

It's gone! 109 point increase. Probably would have been more but for whatever reason a credit card is showing high utilization even though it's paid off.

couldnt have done it without the information from the members, thank you everyone.

Message 7 of 10
js2787
Established Member

Also, I want to add. I called today to check at experian. The lady tried to inform me they do not have a fax number and I did not fax in paperwork because they do not do that.

i proceeded to tell her a rep from her company gave me the number and specific directions on what to send in a fax , I also gave her the number she changed her tone real quick .

Not sure why she told me they didn't have a fax.....

Message 8 of 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@js2787 wrote:

Good news!

It's gone! 109 point increase. Probably would have been more but for whatever reason a credit card is showing high utilization even though it's paid off.

couldnt have done it without the information from the members, thank you everyone.

Nice increase! Congrats!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 9 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@js2787 wrote:

Good news!

Congrats on increase.  So looking forward to mine when the baddies fall off.

Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.