Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian dispute tanked my Equifax score

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Experian dispute tanked my Equifax score

@Anonymous wrote:
This was an installment loan on a car. Car was totaled and insurance said they would cut the lender a check. It took them longer than expected and resulted in a late.

Unfortunately, until insurance pays, you're responsible for making payments 

This type of late happens often because a lot of people assume they are of the hook because car was totaled. The reality is, insurance company has nothing to do with the loan, that's private contract between you and them. 

I would really leave this alone 

Message 11 of 13
jgbkabkab
Established Member

Dispute it. That’s what I did and mine was removed today and my 26 points were returned. I think it’s an error in their software. 

Starting FICO 8 12/15/18 EQ-516 TU-484 EX-527
Current FICO 8 EQ-666 TU-669 EX-642
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed four or five items on my Experian which the original creditors told me to do because the CA was reporting frivolous fraudulent duplicates. I just disputed the ones the doctors office told me to do. Experian then disputed nearly everything on my entire credit report. MyFico told me this was very wrong. I had nearly a 50 alerts come in at once stuff I didn't dispute but it reset some things of course reporting to all the CRA's. This is illegal from what I am told. And they did it right before I was buying a car which I am sure they knew I was doing. 

There needs to be a forth CRA agency that's regulated by the government and regular consumers. These CRA need some checks and balances. 

Ultimately they keep this up and the economy could collapse as it has kept consumers who might have had a job loss (happens) or medical debt (happens) and in my case debt that wasn't mine. You can't prove this if you don't get the bill and if you live out of state you can't go to the hospital and give them your DNA or something to validate a doctors appointment being double billed or fraudulently billed. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.