Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian dispute

tag
marcuscan
Valued Member

Experian dispute

I'm trying to eliminate all the various iterations of past addresses from the report I pulled from Experian's website this morning.  However, when I try to dispute it, it states that I have to take it up w/the creditors that reported it to them.

I got the idea from creditboards' Credit 101 that says eliminating all previous addresses should be a first step.  Interestingly enough, the other two CRAs are allowing me to dispute/ eliminate these addresses.

Any ideas?

mc
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian dispute

I had the same issue with them not too long ago & they basically told me the same thing.  They were showing my current address as an apartment I lived at over 1.5 years ago.

Finally, I'd seen an address in the list similar to my place now & disputed as never lived there.  I couldn't believe it...they removed it & put my current address up top!  When you disputed address did you do it over the phone or online?  My phone disputes never worked! Smiley Mad
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
granny031350
Established Contributor

I have almost 2 full pages of listed addresses.  I have not found any way to dispute them as of yet.  Several of them were my children when they lived in their apartments while attending college.  Some are the properties of my ex husbands.  LOLOL  I just ignore them.  As long as the current one is correct I don't see it as an issue. 
Message 3 of 5
marcuscan
Valued Member

I tried my dispute online.  I've read various statements that online disputes ain't worth your time sooooo.....taking in to account what you just told me about calling in, i guess my next step is to write in.

Is it best to do all credit mailings w/Cert. mail?
Message 4 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

It can't hurt to send cert mail...you can even do the return recpt. & that way you'll know they got it.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.