Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian glitch?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian glitch?

Or perhaps my impatience...

i have a free account with Experian, which up until recently has always said it updates every 30 days, but has been updating instantly with any major change on my report.  For example, if I have a negative collection come through, I get alerts everywhere, Experian would notify me, and I’ve seen my score drop before my very eyes.  Conversely, when I have paid off a collection and they receive notice, I’ve seen the score increase immediately.  I’ve never had to wait 30 days for any change to update...until now.

4/3 was my regular score update

So far I have received account alerts from them 3 times.  All 3 were notifications of balance decreases.  I paid 2 cards off completely, and the 3rd card I paid down to 17%.  Nothing else has changed, all accounts have aged another month, wouldn’t it stand to reason that the score would increase?  Just 1 point would show me that things are working on their end.   It also seems weird that while I’ve had alerts from them that my balances have decreased, the actual credit report doesn’t show this, thus no movement in the score. Those tradelines all still show balances and last activity dates in March.

Should I just be patient, truly wait until 5/3 to see what happens or count this as a glitch....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Re: Experian glitch?

Mine has been updating more frequently than just once a month. Every few days.

I have the free app.

Message 2 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Your score is going up and down. When you get the notifications of score going up and down, it was triggered by something specific. You can change the triggers in the settings according to them. I just haven't cared enough to look.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That wasn't my question.... I don't mind the triggers, I want the score to actually update.  I get notifications that things have happened to my account, I'm fine with that.  I don't see any movement in the score based on the triggering event.  When you pay accounts to zero, like my Discover Card and other credit cards, shouldn't I expect to see a score increase?     My utilization went from 83% to 17%, shouldn't I see a score increase?

Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

That wasn't my question.... I don't mind the triggers, I want the score to actually update.  I get notifications that things have happened to my account, I'm fine with that.  I don't see any movement in the score based on the triggering event.  When you pay accounts to zero, like my Discover Card and other credit cards, shouldn't I expect to see a score increase?     My utilization went from 83% to 17%, shouldn't I see a score increase?

That would depend on your other cards 

If that's the only card showing a balance, and utilization went down, you should have seen some scoring increase

If you still have other cards with high utilization, they may be no scoring change. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.