Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian help *RESOLVED*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian help *RESOLVED*

I've got only one derog that is set to fall off in September. It's a credit one card charge-off for an account I never opened and also never successfully disputed.

After my last round of disputes, EX deleted it and then it reappeared so I had decided to just wait it out since I'm not apping for the rest of the year anyhow. Ever since it reappeared, all of my monitoring sites say I have a recent missed payment in the last three months on EX. I had a very recent copy of my credit report and show nothing recently late. I've never paid anything late in the last 7 years. 

I called Experian several times just in case I was missing something on my report and every single csr said they don't see what I'm talking about....nothing negative other than the chargeoff. They all say the same thing "we can't account for erorrs in your monitoring service." This is on MyFico & CCT & Amex score matched so I'd assume there has to be something there. 

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be missing here? I'd hate to think that when this falls off, I still am going to have a mystery late payment holding this score back. It's bad enough that Experian has a deletion date of December now as opposed to September with the other bureaus.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian help

Be careful.  Some of those "free" sites are starting to get sneaky.  Credit.com did that to me!  It kept saying I had a derrogatory account listed.  I looked on all the other sites and didn't see a thing!  I finally called EX since that is where they said it was.  EX said nothing was there.  I then called Credit.com and told them this.  It was removed asap.  I think that's their new way of advertising for Experian's monthly report.  And I do subscribe to them.  Only trust the real guys and then I have some doubts.  

Message 2 of 6
dave36021
Regular Contributor

Check your inbox. I just sent you the email address to the CEO of Credit One, I had luck recently getting two charge offs removed using it

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dave36021 wrote:

Check your inbox. I just sent you the email address to the CEO of Credit One, I had luck recently getting two charge offs removed using it

Thank you so much. I'd love to get some sort of relief from them.

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Hopefully that is what is was or just a glitch and it will be removed so that you can see factual info

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, Experian never did figure it out, but I just got one of the best phone calls of my life! Credit One called and I was ready to duke it out. She was actually only calling because I neglected to put my current address on my email to the EO and they needed it to send me my letter about deleting this chargeoff from all 3 bureaus!!! She said the request to bureaus gets put in today and the letter goes out tomorrow!

I'm so happy I could cry. This is my only derog and all my reports will be clean now! I just hope that it reports to Experian before Amex SPs me againas I'm really hoping for that 3X CLI!

Many thanks to dave36021 for help and guidance on dealing with Credit One! I

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.