Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian isn't budging

tag
Samy13
Valued Member

Experian isn't budging

Why is Experian so difficult ? I have a PAID medical they refuse to delete even when the other 2 have. I've also tried clearing old addresses with luck. 

Anyone know the secret??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian isn't budging

@Samy13 wrote:

Why is Experian so difficult ? I have a PAID medical they refuse to delete even when the other 2 have. I've also tried clearing old addresses with luck. 

Anyone know the secret??

GW letter to the reporting creditor; or wait till July this year when paid medicals begin to be deleted off everyones CRs. There is no secret to it and for anyone to recommend disputing VALID information would be in violation of the boards credit repair policy.

Message 2 of 5
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

If you find out, let me know.  I have a baddie from Verizon Wireless on my Experian file that I legitimately do NOT owe and have solid proof of such.  EQ and TU deleted it as soon as sent them them the proof, but Experian refuses to delete, even after filing multiple CFPB complaints against them.  It's the ONLY derogatory I have and it shouldn't even be there.  Beyond infuriating.  

Message 3 of 5
coolandcalm
Contributor

@Samy13 wrote:

Why isExperiann so difficult ? I have a PAID medical they refuse to delete even when the other 2 have. I've also tried clearing old addresses with luck. 

Anyone know the secret??

(Mod cut)

Per the new changes (law) to credit reporting.. All paid medical debt will be purged from the credit bureaus beginning July 1st 2022...  and in the beginning of 2023 they will start purging all medical debt under $500.

httpss:/wwwwaarpp.org/money/credit-loans-debt/info-2022/credit-report-scores-changeshtmll

Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Samy13 wrote:

Anyone know the secret??

Well, you are lucky that other two deleted it since that's against CRA instructions on how to handle paid collections unless they receive instructions from furnisher to delete, not from consumer. 

They are supposed to be reflecting $0.00 balance but stay on the report untill new rules take place. 

Once new rules take place, your collection will be removed from EX (if paid, and you stated it's paid). 

So, while it's no fun to have collections on the report, EX is not being difficult, they are reporting correctly (albeit unpleasant for consumer). 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.