cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian not removing any of my hard inquiries !?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian not removing any of my hard inquiries !?!?

Hello . I am trying to rebuild my credit and clean it up. One of my main issues was too many hard inquiries on my credit reports with all 3 bureaus. I have successfully gotten many hard inquiries deleted with transunion and equifax but for some reason EXPERIAN hasnt deleted not 1 inquiry and I started my credit repair journey back in March 2020. I have sent out many letters to experian to request some get deleted and they ignore my hard inquiry request and only focus on other things im trying to repair such a removing closed accounts.  I have a security freeze with sage stream and even used a hard inquiry template with experian and no inquiries have been removed.

Does anyone have any tips to help knock down some of these hard iquiries with experian that worked well for them? any tmplates or strategies you used with EXPERIAN? thanks a ton !

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian not removing any of my hard inquiries !?!?

These inquiries you speak of...they are legit inquiries that resulted from you seeking credit of some sort?

If so, why would they be deleted (before the 2 year mark)??

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello . I am trying to rebuild my credit and clean it up. One of my main issues was too many hard inquiries on my credit reports with all 3 bureaus. I have successfully gotten many hard inquiries deleted with transunion and equifax but for some reason EXPERIAN hasnt deleted not 1 inquiry and I started my credit repair journey back in March 2020. I have sent out many letters to experian to request some get deleted and they ignore my hard inquiry request and only focus on other things im trying to repair such a removing closed accounts.  I have a security freeze with sage stream and even used a hard inquiry template with experian and no inquiries have been removed.

Does anyone have any tips to help knock down some of these hard iquiries with experian that worked well for them? any tmplates or strategies you used with EXPERIAN? thanks a ton !

The ding from hard inquiries goes away after 1 year. They continue to stay on your CRs for 2 years. Unless they were fraudulent,  and you were seeking credit (apping for credit products or joining banks) they do not get removed early. 

Were any of them fraudulent?

Otherwise, you just got lucky with the other 2 bureaus in having them remove inquiries.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As LaHossBoss mentioned, hard inquires stop affecting your score after 12 months and fall off in 24 months. Unless they were due to fraud, I would focus on cleaning up the rest of your report.

You can also try disputing online as opposed to mail. 

Take care not to dispute accurate accounts, disputes don't usually mean automatic deletions. 

One last thing, if those inquires were legit and related to auto or mortgage rate shopping, they only count as one inquiry if they were made within 30 days of each other.

Good luck and sorry I couldn't be more helpful. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As LaHossBoss mentioned, hard inquires stop affecting your score after 12 months and fall off in 24 months. Unless they were due to fraud, I would focus on cleaning up the rest of your report.

You can also try disputing online as opposed to mail. 

Take care not to dispute accurate accounts, disputes don't usually mean automatic deletions. 

One last thing, if those inquires were legit and related to auto or mortgage rate shopping, they only count as one inquiry if they were made within 30 days of each other.

Good luck and sorry I couldn't be more helpful. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.