Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian question (+ some good news)

tag
thel222
Established Member

Experian question (+ some good news)

During the last week of December, I finally mustered the courage to check my reports and found my Equifax = 650, but my credit file was too thin to generate a report for Experian or TU.  After following the advice you guys have generously given me, here's where things stand:

EQ = 682 (From MyFico)

TU = 667 (From Annual Report)

EX = ?

I was able to finally pull a report from EX, but I don't see a number. Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian question (+ some good news)

Experian offers several products that include reports only and others that include a score. Sounds like you purchased a product that included a report only. Also note that there are no FICO scores on Experian's website. They sell a score, but it isn't a FICO and lenders don't use it. Likewise, there are no FICO scores available via TranUnion.com or annualcreditreport. The score you have is a FAKO called a VantageScore.

Message 2 of 5
thel222
Established Member

Sorry, I was mistaken.  That TU score came from the report I purchased through MyFico, so I think it's legit.

The Experian report wasn't purchased.  I ordered it from from the annualcreditreport.com.  If there are no FICO scores available from annualcreditreport.com, then how do I obtain one?  If that's not possible, how do I obtain an Experian FAKO?

Thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Unfortunately the only way to obtain an Experian FICO score is from a lender / creditor.   As consumers we cannot purchase an EX FICO score.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Join credit sesame. Its a lot like Credit Karma, but you get an experian equivalency score, which is still a FAKO. However, this score (for me) is actually VERY close (in my case exactly the same) as my FICO from an EX pull. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.