cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian reporting my car lease late payments 3x?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian reporting my car lease late payments 3x?

Hi there. I currently have an auto loan through BMW Financial Services. The car I bought was the same car that I had leased (also through BMWFS) in November 2015. When my lease ended in November 2018, I extended it four months. Then I extended it one more time until May of 2019 when I finally I purchased my car. I had 9 (five 30-days, three 60-days, one 90-day) late payments during the original lease. I had an additional 30-day late payment during the first extension, and another additional 30-day late payment in the second extension for a total of 11 (seven 30-days, three 60-days, one 90-day) during the entire length of the lease. 

On my Experian credit report, my original lease and the two subsequent extensions are showing up as different accounts, but each account with the previous account's history (i.e. the original account shows 36 months of payments; the second account shows 40 months; and the last account shows 42 months). Ultimately, it shows that I have 30 late payments from BMWFS, despite having only 11. Is this normal? Or is this a mistake that I should dispute? On my Equifax & Transunion reports, the entire 42 month lease shows up as one account, 11 lates. Worth noting, my Equifax and Transunion scores are considerably higher as well.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian reporting my car lease late payments 3x?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there. I currently have an auto loan through BMW Financial Services. The car I bought was the same car that I had leased (also through BMWFS) in November 2015. When my lease ended in November 2018, I extended it four months. Then I extended it one more time until May of 2019 when I finally I purchased my car. I had 9 (five 30-days, three 60-days, one 90-day) late payments during the original lease. I had an additional 30-day late payment during the first extension, and another additional 30-day late payment in the second extension for a total of 11 (seven 30-days, three 60-days, one 90-day) during the entire length of the lease. 

On my Experian credit report, my original lease and the two subsequent extensions are showing up as different accounts, but each account with the previous account's history (i.e. the original account shows 36 months of payments; the second account shows 40 months; and the last account shows 42 months). Ultimately, it shows that I have 30 late payments from BMWFS, despite having only 11. Is this normal? Or is this a mistake that I should dispute? On my Equifax & Transunion reports, the entire 42 month lease shows up as one account, 11 lates. Worth noting, my Equifax and Transunion scores are considerably higher as well.

Dispute it as "duplicate entry" and make sure to note which one of them should remain. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian reporting my car lease late payments 3x?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dispute it as "duplicate entry" and make sure to note which one of them should remain. 

Done. Thanks @Anonymous. What sort of jump would you expect me to see, ultimately having 19 lates removed, 2 of them being 90s and 2 of them being 60s?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.