Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian update day?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian update day?

Does anyone know what day EX updates their files? I have a derog scheduled to fall off 7/2018 but was wondering if that meant 7/31/2018 or some day between now and then. It's definitely still there right now. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian update day?

I’m not positive about this, but I seem to remember this question asked a while back and the answer was early in the month. The search is so, so on this site but you may be able to find it. It was either the rebuilding or general credit forums.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why don't you call them and ask to have it removed now? That would update your report within a day or so. 

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a couple search strings with no luck. It's hard to figure out what wording other people used and like you said, the search on here is already not the best.  

I was hoping to avoid having to call any CRA for a while. I'm towards the end of a rebuild and so over all of it. I guess I need to be a little more patient or call.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

As suggested, I would definitely make the call. I don’t doubt you’re tired of the process but since Experian will do early exclusion deletes even a few months before a bad mark naturally falls off, you’re in the actual month it’ll drop. It should be a simple matter to resolve quickly on the phone and you’ll be clear of the baddie in a day or so.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely call if I were in your position. Just have the CRA rep look at the item on your report and say "can this be removed today?" I'm 99% sure they'll have it off your report within 5 minutes. Your score would be adjusted by the next day, if not within a few hours.

Message 6 of 18
silver_idle
Established Contributor

You could call but what you may want to do is dispute it and there should be an option stating that the account is old or something like that. 

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. I will call tomorrow when I get a chance. I already recently disputed this tradeline as obsolete once (requesting EE) and they updated the date of exclusion from 9/2018 to 7/2018 because it was too early for EE. I'm not sure if I call they will see that and tell me they already moved it up as early as they can and to wait, or if they'll just see the most recent exclusion date and remove it. I suppose there's nothing to be lost with a call. 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI NothingNew, 

I would definitely call and request to speak with a supervisor, they normally can have it removed within a matter of minutes. If you request through a rep they will more than likely submit a dispute which could slow down the process. Good Luck!

Message 9 of 18
EW800
Valued Contributor

I too have a baddie (CC Charge-Off/Settlement) that is scheduled to fall off of Experian July 2018.  I called early this morning to inquire about getting it off, was put on hold for about five minutes, then advised that the account did meet their criteria to come off now.  The rep advised that she was removing it then and that I would see it reflect on my report within 24 hours or so.  Smiley Happy

If you are showing a drop of July 2018, I suspect if you call you will have the same results.  

If I am not mistaken, one of our resident experts (gdale6? - and if it was him, this likely is very accurate) advised a while back that he believes that Experian does the drop updates the first full weekend following the first of the month, so if that is accurate, that would be this coming weekend - July 7/8.  

Good luck!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.