cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian vs TU & EQ reporting?

tag
Zach100

Experian vs TU & EQ reporting?

I've been reading the posts about reaching 700 in 2 years post BK. I'm trying to verify my CR is correct. TU reports 12 accounts as "Derogatory/Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" with no payment history, its been wiped clean. EQ reports 12 accounts as "Closed/Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" with no payment history, its been wiped clean. Experian reports 12 accounts as "Closed/Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" with all payment history showing 3 years of collections. (I waited 3 years to file BK). So TU & EQ report no missed payments. But Experian shows 12 missed payments. Is this normal? Sorry for the confusion. Just seemed odd that EX is reporting different than EQ or TU. Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian vs TU & EQ reporting?

Not sure on the BK reporting (hopefully someone here can give you more info). My scores are different across all 3, but the BK reports the same on all.

Can answer.. that YES, you can get back around 700s post-BK. Recently just under 700 due to new INQs. I'm currently 3 years out from discharge date, and last year was my first 700 moment.

Message 2 of 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Zach100 wrote:

I've been reading the posts about reaching 700 in 2 years post BK. I'm trying to verify my CR is correct. TU reports 12 accounts as "Derogatory/Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" with no payment history, its been wiped clean. EQ reports 12 accounts as "Closed/Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" with no payment history, its been wiped clean. Experian reports 12 accounts as "Closed/Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" with all payment history showing 3 years of collections. (I waited 3 years to file BK). So TU & EQ report no missed payments. But Experian shows 12 missed payments. Is this normal? Sorry for the confusion. Just seemed odd that EX is reporting different than EQ or TU. Thank you

I can only speak for my experience, but yes, all three CRA's did it differently.   EQ wiped all payment history from IIB accouonts.   I know EX kept all prior payment history and I would have to goo back and check to see what TU did.   But the truth is it just doesn't matter.   All that matters is what your reports show after the date of discharge.   You get now brownie points for having 10 years of perfect payment history and then one final entry that shows the account as IIB, which is treated as a charge-off.   You are only as good as your worst rating.   The CRA's that wipe the payment history or basically doing what they do with EE, which theoretically would help most people who had lots of late payments prior to filing.   It's like they are trying to help by cleaning up your history.   It's their discretion.   You won't win in a dispute saying they are not all the same because the CRA's have a lot of discretion in how they treat tradelines in BKs.   Just focus on your discharge date.   Lenders know you were in trouble before then.   Just make sure everything after that date is on time.   The BK filing month is the nuclear bomb that destroys everything positive in your reports, no matter how perfect your payment record prior to filing.   You're only as good as the worst thing you've ever done in CRA speak.   I wouldn't waste any energy on it.   It just doesn't matter except how it looks.   

Message 3 of 5
Zach100

Thank you CH7MA! I just googled it and found an article where EX keeps all the past history but TU & EQ dont. I was hoping for a clean slate like TU & EQ. Everyone kept talking about how my scores would go down and like you said "Nuclear", but all my scores went up. I havent pulled a true 3 report from myfico. But my EX FICO8 is 620, up from 400s. My TU is 701 & EQ is 684, but those are FAKO Vantage Score from Credit Karma. Plus, since I waited 4 years to file BK, they fall off in 3 more years. So only negative will be the public record. So I think I lucked out!

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It really doesn't matter in a way what happened before BK. The BK alone ranks above everything else. Yes you can hit 700 in 2 yrs if the rebuild goes correctly. Slow and steady. Dont rush it. All badies will be gone before the BK. I have no baddies. Just the BK now. Cant change the past. But you sure can change the future from here on out. Took 6 yrs for the blob below. It can be done. Good Luck and Congrats on the fresh start.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.