Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with Alliance One??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experience with Alliance One??

I just want to thank everyone for this board.  I've spent a lot of time reading here the past few days and I'm so grateful for all this information. 

Just wanted to ask if anyone has had to deal with Alliance One CA?  The man that calls me is the rudest person I've EVER spoken to.  That really is no exaggeration.  He probably is right on the border of threatening but I kind of let myself be talked to that way previously because I felt bad about this debt.  From what I've read here, I probably made a mistake and have made two payments to them for a total of $800 on a $4200 CO.  When I made the last payment, I asked what kind of settlement I can make and he told me there was none, that was last month.  (He had previously offered a settlement of 60%)  He just called earlier and repeated the same (also saying I promised to pay last month-which I didn't).  I told him that I will only deal with his company in writing from now on and will not receive any further phone calls.  He was beginning to raise his voice and I just repeated, " I will no longer accept phone calls from your company.  Contact me in writing" and I hung up.  Am I right in assuming I have that right?

Also, how likely is it that they will a settlement offer if I mail it in writing?  Has anyone dealt with this company before?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experience with Alliance One??

Since it's Alliance One, I'm assuming this is a CapOne account? They use Alliance One quite often. And, by no surprise, their CA is just as ruthless and shady as the OC. Birds of a feather. . .
I wouldn't be surprised if he calls you again, and you will need to send that do not call notice in writing, CMRRR, before he stops pestering you.

Because you did start paying them, there isn't as much incentive for the settlement. The most important questions to start, though,....What is your DOFD? What's SOL in your state? Is this account on your CR right now? Does the info on your CR match the info you know to be true regarding the account?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it's actually a Citibank/Sears account.  It is reported on my CR as a Sears CO and then LVNV Funding as the CA.  I called LVNV and they have contracted it to Alliance One.  Before I knew what I was doing, I disputed the LVNV account on my CR because I was always contacted by Alliance One.  Because of that, the item was verified and updated and the date now shows date of status 06/08.  I'm assuming that is my DOFD now?  The date I remember being recorded previously was 03/07. 
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diana,
Your DOFD is the date that the account first started getting behind in payments, and no attempt from that point was made by you to the OC to get the payments current again! It would appear that your DOFD would be around 180 days from a date in 2003. If you call the CRAs directly about this account, they will be able to tell you exactly your DOFD. But, you'll need to have ordered your report from each of the three CRAs to take this step -- they all require a "report number" when calling over the telephone.

That 06/08 date is only the date the account was last updated- DOLA. It will NOT affect when this account will fall off your CR. LVNV often farms out their collections to smaller companies when they get more accounts than they can handle.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even the two payments you've made will not reset the DOFD, because the accounts are now in collections.

You really need to find out the SOL for credit card contracts in the state that this account was opened in, so that you can know if you're protected from -- or should prepare for -- being sued.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Cap1 card that went to Alliance One for collections. They made me a settlement offer that I couldn't afford, and I basically ignored them. Eventually they made me another settlement offer, in writing, that I could afford. So I paid that one.

YMMV. They were only trying to collect $1,200 from me, and I wasn't worried about getting sued. When they offered to settle in full for $600 I paid it.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.