Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO scores on Credit Karma

tag
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Re: FAKO scores on Credit Karma

CK is only good for monitoring, scores are useless.
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 11 of 17
greent
Frequent Contributor

My CK scores are about 50 points lower then my FICO scores. But I used them weekly for the changes in my report. They do have good info but their FAKOS are way off.

Message 12 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I have scores in the 700's for Fico's and CK is about 30-40 points lower. And it swings for almost no reason at times. I only use it to compare the reportrd info on my reoorts.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 17
crrredit
Established Contributor

The only common use for them is to track your score to see whether you're improving or not in general. But I've noticed that things like getting a new card can make VantageScores drop like a rock. I paid an account to zero one time and my score dropped 50 points. Meanwhile FICO moved in a predictable pattern. Also I've noticed that my VantageScore varies widely between bureaus as opposed to FICO scores, which are always different but not as widely different as VantageScores. 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mysterythemoon wrote:

Why are people so down on these scores? These are the only scores I have to go on (it gave me a 487 TU and 503 EQ). I joined EX to get mine, and was told I didn't have enough information to generate a FICO. Just how inaccurate are these Credit Karma scores?

Thats the whole problem - Its impossible to know until you get your real FICO's. They could be close, they could be 50-100 points higher, or they could be 50-100 points lower.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also they are mean. MyFico says my scores are fair, CK says they are poor. 😿

Message 16 of 17
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

The only reason the scores are no good is because virtually no lenders use them.

If the majority of lenders used CK scores, we'd all be sharing and exchanging information at myVantage.

There isn't any real correlation between the two models, not reliable anyway, because they weigh things differently, and there are notable differences in the way Vantage treats items like closed accounts, paid collections, and probably many other things I'm not even aware of.

Just ignore the CK scores.  Use the reports there, but don't do anything based on your Vantage scores.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.