cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO vs. FICO Creditor Monitoring?

tag
missmel

FAKO vs. FICO Creditor Monitoring?

Trying to help my husband re-build his credit. He pulled a report from FreeCreditReport.com and got three scores, which now I am reading all are FAKO's. 

His credit is bad enough we need to get some type of monitoring service to see when and if lates/baddies are really being removed and how it affects his score etc. I keep reading variying advice on here on who to go with.

Do we first need to establish what each current FICO score is? If most of the monitoring services give FAKO's what is the best way to guage progress? Several companies so far have said they are removing baddies and i want to see not only if this has been done but if it gives his scores a bump. Any advice would be appreciated. 

thank you! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: FAKO vs. FICO Creditor Monitoring?

I think all of the 3 in ones are FAKOs and not FICOs.

You can get EQ Scorewatch here.  I am not real sure of the ends and outs of it but many from the forums use it and it is a real EQ FICO score.  I do know it is based on your EQ report.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.