Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCO did not honor PFD

tag
Samy13
Valued Member

FCO did not honor PFD

Hello again !

My last collection is held with FCO for a suredeposit fee with an apt complex. I had been trying to do a PFD for over a year with no sucess so I reached out to the apt complex to see if they could recall te debt for payment. They could not BUT reached out to their FCO rep who said if I paid in full, FCO would delete it. I was instructed to mail a check payable to the apt complex. Once the apt comlpex received it, FCO requested it be sent to them. 2 weeks went by and the manager of the apt complex emailed FCO again and was told they were returning my check as they do not do PFD.

I am wondering if I can pay this and then submit the original email stating they agreed to the credit bureau for removal. Any thoughts ??

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
KateInquires
Contributor

Re: FCO did not honor PFD

Really just a humble opinion since I haven't been in this situation- If they cashed the check and tried to bail on the original terms you would have a solid case. The fact that they returned the check when they realized they couldn't go through with the terms is a different story. While it's pretty unfair/frustrating what they said to you I think it would still be dishonest to play it that way. Best of luck with it!

Message 2 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

PFD is rare. Do CA's always tell the truth? We know that answer. They'll do anything to get paid within the law. Though PFD isnt a FRCA thing. The ones that do PFD are going against their agreements with the CRA's for reporting accurate info. But they still do PFD. Paid is better than owed either way.

Message 3 of 7
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Samy13 wrote:

Hello again !

My last collection is held with FCO for a suredeposit fee with an apt complex. I had been trying to do a PFD for over a year with no sucess so I reached out to the apt complex to see if they could recall te debt for payment. They could not BUT reached out to their FCO rep who said if I paid in full, FCO would delete it. I was instructed to mail a check payable to the apt complex. Once the apt comlpex received it, FCO requested it be sent to them. 2 weeks went by and the manager of the apt complex emailed FCO again and was told they were returning my check as they do not do PFD.

I am wondering if I can pay this and then submit the original email stating they agreed to the credit bureau for removal. Any thoughts ??

Check out this article on them.   They've already been in trouble with CFPB.   I would file a complaint with CFPB.

https://tenantwatchdog.org/fair-collections-and-outsourcing-pay-for-delete/

Message 4 of 7
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

@Samy13 wrote:

Hello again !

I had an experience with FCO years ago (another rental lease issue) and all the anecdotal data in addition to my dealing with them is they are hard line never do PFD ever.  They ticked me off so bad I rode out the 7 years until it aged off rather than pay them.  Unfortunately what you likely have here is bonafide error.  A new or inexperienced employee probably made the deal on PFD that the company policy just doesn't support.  The fact that they returned the check stating they cannot uphold the terms underscores that.  

At this point how long until it ages off your report?  If it isn't long and you don't have a major purchase like a mortgage coming up wait it out.  Otherwise paid is better than unpaid.

Message 5 of 7
Samy13
Valued Member

Thank you everyone for your input. The apartment complex manager has been very helpful and even agreed to send me a copy of his email interaction with FCO which states they will delete the accounts. I found the CEO's email and decided "why not try" and I sent him an email with all the information. I am currently awaiting a reply. I will keep you updated !1

Message 6 of 7
Samy13
Valued Member

I'm speechless right now. It took just over an hour to get a response back from FCO today. Please see the reply:

"Mr. Sobota sent the email below for my review. After reviewing the emails and the attachments provided, upon receipt and clearance of $*** our office will request deletion of the above accounts from your credit.

To prevent you from having to mail checks, you can go on our website to pay each account, we offer several payment options. I can give you the information for each account if you would like to pay on the site, this will expedite the process.

Please let me know, if you wish I can have a manager call you at a number of your choice."

I was in tears reading it !! I emailed back and am waiting for the information to make my payment and get this off my credit report !!!!! Words cannot describe my feelings at this moment !!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.