cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCRA Section 609(2) & MOV - Moderators Can You Please Respond!

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

FCRA Section 609(2) & MOV - Moderators Can You Please Respond!

Upon reading this section I began to think about the problems a good many of us are having with MOV requests.  I'm wondering if the CRAs lack of response has to do with this statute.  If so, it's still not strong in my opinion because if we ever made it to a court of law they would still have to disclose the source of information.

Just something to think about.  I'd love to hear from the gurus & moderators on this topic.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FCRA Section 609(2) & MOV - Moderators Can You Please Respond!

You mean -

(2) The sources of the information; except that the sources of information acquired solely for use in preparing an investigative consumer report and actually use for no other purpose need not be disclosed: Provided, That in the event an action is brought under this title, such sources shall be available to the plaintiff under appropriate discovery procedures in the court in which the action is brought.

I don't think this has anything to do with not disclosing MOV- if anything this backs up that they must disclose source as it IS USED TO PREPARE THE REPORT- 

Message 2 of 3
adamseve
Established Contributor

Re: FCRA Section 609(2) & MOV - Moderators Can You Please Respond!

bump
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.