Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 3 month update - good results -- now want to improve even more

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 3 month update - good results -- now want to improve even more

In three months I have made progress thanks to things I have learned here.

SEPT

EX  641 EQ 728 TU 640

DEC 

EX 711 EQ 749 TU 722

Here are some of the reasons.

1) When I began I had only one credit card -- secured from First Premier. I now have two additional cards from Cap One and Discover.

I am also making sure I keep the utilization below 8.9 per cent.

2) When I began I had no loans. Now I have a Shared Secure Loan from Navy Federal. More than 91 per cent has been paid back.

3) When I began I had two collection notices on Experian and Trans Union, and none on Equifax. Now I have one Experian and Trans Union. Those collection notices are from 2012 -- they will come off next year.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get the numbers even higher? (Besides getting the collection reports off of Experian and Trans Union) 

3 REPLIES 3
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO 3 month update - good results -- now want to improve even more

Well you know you need to get the remaking baddies gone, but it sounds like they will be gone soon anyway. I would say to just garden a while and let your accounts age. I’m sure you have read credit building is a marathon and not a sprint. You’ve made some great progress so just keep growing it.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey how many points did you gain paying your secured loan from 0 to 91 percent?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i acutally have no exact idea. i have been doing all these things at the same time.

i am sure it helped however.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.