Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO/FAKO

tag
wildbillcody
Regular Contributor

FICO/FAKO

So, this is the 3rd time i have gotten a fako jump in score but my actual fico hasn't gone up any which tells me there is an issue with FICO and the way they score.

Lender pulled fico scores 4-11-2013
Equifax 670, Exp 673, TU 672
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO/FAKO

Or there's an issue with the way FAKOs score. Smiley Happy

Even if FAKOs increase it doesn't mean FICO would do the same. FAKOs can easily increase and FICO decrease, or vice-versa, for the exact same event. For example I once had a CA go away. My FICO increased 58. My FAKO decreased by 8 which means that the particular FAKO (I think it was a TransRisk) included CAs into history as this CA was at 7 yrs when it dropped.

Also know that FAKOs have differing score ranges than FICO. Vantage, for example, is 501-990 compared to FICO's 300-850. Or GECRB's score maxes out at 620. It's a YMMV per FAKO. They also include stuff that FICO does not. Some FAKOs, like PLUS, score inquiries for 2 full years vs. FICO's 1. They also don't update daily. PLUS says in their fine print they don't update daily, so if you are checking a service like USAA's you might be seeing score delays. My CC-enhanced TransRisk via my Barclays SeaMiles updates weekly or so, but is always at least a week behind.

Message 2 of 3
kris10smom
Valued Member

Re: FICO/FAKO

Lots of good info, llecs. Thanks!

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 682
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.