Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Scores (myFICO.com vs. Discover)

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

FICO Scores (myFICO.com vs. Discover)

Hi All,

I am aware of the different variations of credit models.  Recently, Discover started providing credit scores on its monthly billing statements.  The credit score on my Discover statement is approx. 20 points higer than the score here on myfico.com.  

I am interested in purchasing a home and I want to get the best rate.  I have been closely monitoring my scores here on myFICO.com.  Does anyone know of any banks/lenders who utilize the same scoring model as Discover?

I have thought about applying for a mortgage with Discover.  Does anyone know if they utilize the same credit scoring model for both their credit card and mortgage units?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO Scores (myFICO.com vs. Discover)

It's really impossible to know.  Both Discover and MyFico are true FICO scores.

Banks may pull EX, which Discover does not reflect, and are not apart of the SW and Quarterly score given here.

Moreover, the banks may use an enhanced score.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 3
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: FICO Scores (myFICO.com vs. Discover)

@Repo-ed wrote:

It's really impossible to know.  Both Discover and MyFico are true FICO scores.

Banks may pull EX, which Discover does not reflect, and are not apart of the SW and Quarterly score given here.

Moreover, the banks may use an enhanced score.

Thanks.  It makes me wonder; considering the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is asking the largest credit card companies to provide credit scores on monthly billing statements, if this will help or create more confusion around credit scoring.  I have several credit cards and I can only imagine what it would be like to receive a different score on each statement. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.