Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score way higher than FAKO score??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO score way higher than FAKO score??

Typically it's the case that the FAKO score is far higher than the FICO score.  My Mom's TransUnion scores are as follows:

FAKO (Reported via TrueCredit.com): 663

FICO (Reported via myFICO.com): 712

That's a 49 point differnce, in the opposite direction than one would assume.  Anyone seen this before?  Any explanation?

Her Equifax is doing the same...

FAKO (Reported via equifax.com): 598

FICO (Reported via myFICO.com): 639

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO score way higher than FAKO score??

The simple answer to this is that you are comparing fake scores to real scores. That is basically it. It can be higher, it can be lower than your FICO. Doesnt really matter since its not accurate. The scores you get from TC has a score scale from 501 to 990, while the highest score on the FICO model is 850. The only time I pay attention to my FAKO score is when there is a big and noticeable change in it. This is when I really review my CR to see what has changed.

Message 2 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Usually folks' Vantage score is higher due to the scale as pointed out. I'm with you; mine is much lower too historically. Vantage factors in stuff FICO does not and vice-versa. All the more reason to ignore it.

Message 3 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

My TU FAKO from Credit Karma is 645 and my TU98 from myfico is 646

My EX FAKO Plusscore is 644 so I'm hoping that my EX FICO is close to it once I get it in 1 week.

Message 4 of 14
ebbystreats

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and I am very confused. I am in the beginning stages of trying to apply for a home loan. 

My score on here myfico.com is 649

Equifax.com membership says 580

Creditscore.com which I think is powered by Experian says my score is 638

Creditkarma.com which I think is powered by Transunion says my score is 632

I want to be sure that my score is atleast a 620 before I actually apply and put the inquiry on my report. But what score is accurate and what score do I trust?

Message 5 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ebbystreats wrote:

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and I am very confused. I am in the beginning stages of trying to apply for a home loan. 

My score on here myfico.com is 649

Equifax.com membership says 580

Creditscore.com which I think is powered by Experian says my score is 638

Creditkarma.com which I think is powered by Transunion says my score is 632

I want to be sure that my score is atleast a 620 before I actually apply and put the inquiry on my report. But what score is accurate and what score do I trust?

Welcome to the forum 

Sorry for the late response 

The only true fico score you got was the EQ from here 580

The rest as we refer to them are FAKO scores=fake

This is the only place to get all 3 real fico scores

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 14
polno1234
Contributor

in reality you cant trust any score although the ones that you buy from myfico are imho the best indicator of where you stand. there are atleast 48 versions of fico out there that a lender could pull. and depending on which cra they pull from makes it worse. watch your scores on here, know whats on your credit report, bite the bullet and go have it pulled. fako scores are unreliable do not trust them.

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 7 of 14
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

I have seen the difference. My fako was in the high 500, very early 600 but when the lender pulled my scores, there was a 30-50 pt difference. I couldn't believe my eyes. So, now I just use my credit monitoring to tell me which direction my scores are going and the account history.

Myfico: 03/26/2015: EQ 652, EX 680, TU 738 Barclays

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 8 of 14
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for sharing, I'm actually in a similar boat. My TU score here on myFICO is 679, whereas over at Credit Karma (also a TU puller) it's 636.

In my more cynical moments I think maybe it's because CK is free, and they might make more money off of me if I think I actually need to buy something from Lexington Law ;-)

But really, I think the folks above got it right - fako score providers are always a mixed bag, and there are also enough different versions of legit FICOs that you can never be 100% sure what a lender will actually see. The score on this site, plus your own thorough understanding of what exactly is in your report itself, is your best resource for negotiating with any lender or financial services provider.

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 9 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Jamex wrote:

Thanks for sharing, I'm actually in a similar boat. My TU score here on myFICO is 679, whereas over at Credit Karma (also a TU puller) it's 636.

In my more cynical moments I think maybe it's because CK is free, and they might make more money off of me if I think I actually need to buy something from Lexington Law ;-)

But really, I think the folks above got it right - fako score providers are always a mixed bag, and there are also enough different versions of legit FICOs that you can never be 100% sure what a lender will actually see. The score on this site, plus your own thorough understanding of what exactly is in your report itself, is your best resource for negotiating with any lender or financial services provider.

I am another one that has an higher fico score compared to CK fako. I recall reading before the reason the ck score may be lower is because they don't take into account closed accounts that are still on your credit report. I think fico scores take those into account. My scores differ by like 60 points or so . my ck is 743 and my discover/walmart fico is 807. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.