Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY!!! I have set foot into 700 but barely

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINALLY!!! I have set foot into 700 but barely

My scores were around 480 in December 2018 with late payments, collections, high balances due to not having a job for the whole year and me being irresponsible with credit in my previous years. 

January 2019 was when my life has changed drastically. I got married and at the same time got a decent job and DH insisted on me that its time to bring my credit to bliss. He helped me pay down collections with PFD initially and then i was able to pay down all the CC balances to 0 with my Job income within few months. Scores bumped up to 630s with collections deleted (small $50 medical collection still left on equifax to which carter young wont budge to delete, but paid off) and CC Util down to 4%, and then they plateud due to 90 day and 60 day lates i have on my report. 

I tried every possible way to goodwill those late payments (90 day with cap one and 60 day with credit one) it was always a no. In September i asked DH to write the letters for me since he has much better vocabulary, grammer, writes/speaks better english than me(we are immigrants) and is better at explaining things. So I sent the letters he wrote for me to the Cap one and Credit one addresses i was sending previously and wanted to try one last time and le behold both request were honored and reports updated yesterday

This forum has been my daily driver since i found it and without you guys this would not have been possible.

I really appreciate the inputs, DPs and guidance this forum and its members have given me and i will do my best to give back whatever and whenever i can.

Have lots on new accounts i picked up on my way here and so will be gardening for the next 6 to 8 months atleast.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 3.29.22 PM.pngScreenshot_20191108-153231.png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: FINALLY!!! I have set foot into 700 but barely

Congrats Mama! Keep at it and then it will be 710's then 720's and on it goes!

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic results - congrats! I believe this makes you MF member #55,664,733 to have his/her financial future turned around for the better thanks to this forum Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!
Message 4 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your success and new scores @Anonymous  ! Would you be willing to share an example of the letter DH wrote? I've sent Cap 1 numerous letters and have been turned down each time Smiley Sad

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awwweeeee yeaaaaa congrats!!!!!
Message 6 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

excellent progress, keep up the good work!
Message 7 of 13
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

AWESOME JOB! A great way to finish out the year and belated congrats on the marriage...Win-Win! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Acc-Risk
Contributor

Congrats! It's a good feeling! Just know, once your derogatories are off, it's a slow climb. There's no more "fast score jump" hurdles and it's just aging, limits and util to keep low that inches things forward. 

Message 9 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.