cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY!!! I have set foot into 700 but barely

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

FINALLY!!! I have set foot into 700 but barely

My scores were around 480 in December 2018 with late payments, collections, high balances due to not having a job for the whole year and me being irresponsible with credit in my previous years. 

January 2019 was when my life has changed drastically. I got married and at the same time got a decent job and DH insisted on me that its time to bring my credit to bliss. He helped me pay down collections with PFD initially and then i was able to pay down all the CC balances to 0 with my Job income within few months. Scores bumped up to 630s with collections deleted (small $50 medical collection still left on equifax to which carter young wont budge to delete, but paid off) and CC Util down to 4%, and then they plateud due to 90 day and 60 day lates i have on my report. 

I tried every possible way to goodwill those late payments (90 day with cap one and 60 day with credit one) it was always a no. In September i asked DH to write the letters for me since he has much better vocabulary, grammer, writes/speaks better english than me(we are immigrants) and is better at explaining things. So I sent the letters he wrote for me to the Cap one and Credit one addresses i was sending previously and wanted to try one last time and le behold both request were honored and reports updated yesterday

This forum has been my daily driver since i found it and without you guys this would not have been possible.

I really appreciate the inputs, DPs and guidance this forum and its members have given me and i will do my best to give back whatever and whenever i can.

Have lots on new accounts i picked up on my way here and so will be gardening for the next 6 to 8 months atleast.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 3.29.22 PM.pngScreenshot_20191108-153231.png

Scores before rebuild 01/20/2019 - EX@544 EQ@533 TU@532
Current Scores 11/08/2019 - EX@677 EQ@675 TU@727
Goal Scores - 700s by EO 2019

Amex Gold - NPSL; Amex Delta Gold - $1000; Barclays Apple Visa - $700; Capital One QS1 - $2300; Capital One QS1 - $500; Chase Marriott Bonvoy - $5000; Chevron/Texaco - $400; Credit One - $500; Discover - $4000; Ikea Projekt - $4600; Paypal CBMC - $2000; Ebay MC - $500

Util - 6%
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Senior Contributor

Re: FINALLY!!! I have set foot into 700 but barely

Congrats Mama! Keep at it and then it will be 710's then 720's and on it goes!

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 13
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Fantastic results - congrats! I believe this makes you MF member #55,664,733 to have his/her financial future turned around for the better thanks to this forum Smiley Happy

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 3 of 13
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your success!
Message 4 of 13
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your success and new scores @CreditMama91  ! Would you be willing to share an example of the letter DH wrote? I've sent Cap 1 numerous letters and have been turned down each time Smiley Sad

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 5 of 13
Established Member

Awwweeeee yeaaaaa congrats!!!!!
Started rebuild 6/2016
EQ: 488 TU: 504 EX: 497
Current as of 11/15/19 (fico8)
EQ: 614 TU: 641 EX: 628
Goal
750 across
Current State: I canna stay in the garden captain there’s just nat enough powa for it yet
Message 6 of 13
Highlighted

excellent progress, keep up the good work!
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 7 of 13
Regular Contributor

AWESOME JOB! A great way to finish out the year and belated congrats on the marriage...Win-Win! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Valued Member

Congrats! It's a good feeling! Just know, once your derogatories are off, it's a slow climb. There's no more "fast score jump" hurdles and it's just aging, limits and util to keep low that inches things forward. 

Message 9 of 13
Senior Contributor

Grats!
Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting Scores:
EX 518
EQ 518
TU 521

Current FICO scores:
EX 580
EQ 563
TU 575
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.