Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY IN THE GOOD CREDIT RANGE!:)

tag
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

FINALLY IN THE GOOD CREDIT RANGE!:)

AZEO went into effect i believe, all of my cards just reported $0 except my credit one  that is at 17%. I payed the balance down already though. So my question is am i doing it right lol Anyways my last card just reported that i been waiting on forever. Results are in. My new scores are :2/25/20182/25/2018

So i apped for three store cards and a discover it chrome secured and got approved! Whenever they report how much of a decrease might i see???

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINALLY IN THE GOOD CREDIT RANGE!:)

Congrats! That's a HUGE accomplishment! Whenever I applied for a new card, my score dropped appr 8 points with each bc of the HP. However, now you will also have additional accounts open. So, it may not affect you so much. How many cards/accounts open will you have now?
Message 2 of 20
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! In total I will have 7 cards open and 1 card au which I hear is not calculated in utilzation. I did take a hard pull for the 4 that I just mentioned. I went thru the shopping cart trick for the store cards but for some strange reason still received the hard pull. I also just refinanced so I believe my score will drop once the old car loan is paid off and the new one reports. I'm gardening as of 2/23/18. Just hope I don't see a major drop in points as things start to level out. I'm excited for the score changes I've made and very proud might I add. Yesterday made the one month mark of my rebuilding journey.
Message 3 of 20
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Really nice improvements! Congratulations on getting closer to your goal!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 4 of 20
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @shatteredk !
I appreciate that.
Message 5 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You will see some ding to your scores because new accounts will drop average age of your accounts, but the scores will recover, with good payment history, keeping utilization low, and gardening for at least 6 months (longer, the better).
Congrats on your success so far!
Message 6 of 20
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Okay that does answer my questions. I plan to garden for alot longer than 6 months. I have alot of inquiries that I need to age. At least 10 of them will reach the one year mark next month(auto inquiries). And I have about 3 or 4 inquiries per report that will fall of December 18/ January 2019.So your advice is to keep my utilzation low and pay on time. I can dig it. Lol. Thank you for your reply.
Message 7 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Once the inquiry is a year old, it's no longer scorable. You should get some points back at that time.
Inquiries older than a year do not impact your score, but are visible to your lenders for full two years.
Auto loan shopping inquiries are scored a bit different if done within 30 day period ( could be 45, I did not have enough coffee yet). They are binned together, so you don't get a score ding for each one. There is a lot more info in scoring forum on that
Message 8 of 20
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Those auto ones were all done the same day February 22,2017.
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go, Newb!!  Awesome job with your rebuild, and congrats on your approvals!!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.