Did you mean: 

FINALLY seeing some PROGRESS!!!

tag
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

Re: FINALLY seeing some PROGRESS!!!

@Whitneyy wrote:

Congrats!

I'm curious to know, did they take that long to approve you? They made you wait to find out in the mail or something other? 

They asked me to send them documentation proving my social security number and address on the day that I applied.  I immediately drafted a letter and attached a recent bank statement and my SS card.  I have NO IDEA why the process took so long.  I just kept calling them, literally every other day!  I called today, and they told me that my app was approved yesterday on 9/14/14.  Words can't express how thankful I am that the app was not a wasted inquiry; esp. since Cap One pulls from all 3 CRAs!

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 11 of 21
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@ERoosky99 wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

Congrats!

I'm curious to know, did they take that long to approve you? They made you wait to find out in the mail or something other? 

They asked me to send them documentation proving my social security number and address on the day that I applied.  I immediately drafted a letter and attached a recent bank statement and my SS card.  I have NO IDEA why the process took so long.  I just kept calling them, literally every other day!  I called today, and they told me that my app was approved yesterday on 9/14/14.  Words can't express how thankful I am that the app was not a wasted inquiry; esp. since Cap One pulls from all 3 CRAs!

Asking because a friend of mine applied for a secured card on Friday and she has NO credit and they said they would send results by mail. I told her to call a backdoor number and the person who answered even told her to wait for something by mail. I thought it was odd, but we will see what the outcome is.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 12 of 21
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Hi,

It's been a few days since I logged online, but everytime I do I find good news like yours. Unlike others, I like to explore into your success and give you more than the typical "congrats" because since I started rebuilding, I take myself and others in here very seriously. I am happy for you, and I am extremely glad that you are seeing progress. I have one thing to tell you actually.. Do you remember when you got declined for a secured card? I'm sure you do, what if TODAY 9/15/14 after seeing some your success, you could go back in time and talk to yourself few months back when you got declined for a secured card. What would you have told that guy? would you have told him that things would get better to hang on??, that soon he would get approved for a few cards??? or would you say, " Oh well, the limits you would get with your future cards are not going to be so great " the story here is, it doesn't matter what your limits are.

You have achieved, you have moved forwards towards your personal goals. In my mind, I don't personally care if I got low limits as long as my goals are accomplished with an American Express, Discover, or any other companyt worth being customer of just like some of the greats members here. Remember, we will always do better, we learned from our mistakes, and now we are fixing them to reach our goals. Have a good day!

Enjoy your cards!

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 13 of 21
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

@ERoosky99 wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

Congrats!

Asking because a friend of mine applied for a secured card on Friday and she has NO credit and they said they would send results by mail. I told her to call a backdoor number and the person who answered even told her to wait for something by mail. I thought it was odd, but we will see what the outcome is.

It took them one day short of THREE weeks to decide for me, so there is hope for your friend!  I would suggest that they call whenever they can and ask for a status update.

Message 14 of 21
VinnyVee
Contributor

Congrats! It's such a great feeling! Had it not been for my Kohl's charge over a year ago I don't think I'd have mustered up the motivation to start focusing on my credit.

(started in the mid 500s on all 3, 11/13)
As of 5/22/15 EX: 698, EQ: 700, TU: 703
Barclay Rewards: $2750, Capital One Quicksilver one: $4300, Discover IT : $300, Amazon Visa: $100. Best Buy Credit Card: $3000, Kohl's Charge: $300, Express: $2600, Overstock $1650, Chase Freedom $4700, AMEX Everday $1500, Serta iComfort $4700, Walmart $1600, Target $300
Message 15 of 21
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@Mortalito77 wrote:

Hi,

It's been a few days since I logged online, but everytime I do I find good news like yours. Unlike others, I like to explore into your success and give you more than the typical "congrats" because since I started rebuilding, I take myself and others in here very seriously. I am happy for you, and I am extremely glad that you are seeing progress. I have one thing to tell you actually.. Do you remember when you got declined for a secured card? I'm sure you do, what if TODAY 9/15/14 after seeing some your success, you could go back in time and talk to yourself few months back when you got declined for a secured card. What would you have told that guy? would you have told him that things would get better to hang on??, that soon he would get approved for a few cards??? or would you say, " Oh well, the limits you would get with your future cards are not going to be so great " the story here is, it doesn't matter what your limits are.

You have achieved, you have moved forwards towards your personal goals. In my mind, I don't personally care if I got low limits as long as my goals are accomplished with an American Express, Discover, or any other companyt worth being customer of just like some of the greats members here. Remember, we will always do better, we learned from our mistakes, and now we are fixing them to reach our goals. Have a good day!

Enjoy your cards!

Thank you very much, and I sincerely appreciate this post!!  When I applied and was denied a secured credit card I felt the lowest of the low...  I didn't even know it was POSSIBLE to be denied a secured credit card!!!  I try to post both my success and failures in hopes that it will help SOMEONE out there.  I actually just applied for a the Amazon.com store credit card tonight and was approved with a limit of $600!  It's awesome how much progress can be made in a short time . . . I knew my situation could get better with work, but didn't know it could be THIS QUICK.  

Now I have the following credit cards:

$300 - QuicksilverOne by Capital One (this card was upgraded last month from the Capital One Classic Platinum MasterCard) CLI to $500 in Nov 2014 via Credit Steps Program

$200 - OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card

$250 - Walmart Store Credit Card

$2000 - Capital One Platinum MasterCard

$600 - Amazon.com Store Credit Card

I plan to, as they say, "Garden" until May 2015 and re-apply for the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard that declined me last month.  They said that everything looked OK, but that I only had one card open (at the time of application) and for only three months; and, they would like to see how I handle mutliple cards for AT LEAST 9-12 months.  We shall see...  Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@VinnyVee wrote:

Congrats! It's such a great feeling! Had it not been for my Kohl's charge over a year ago I don't think I'd have mustered up the motivation to start focusing on my credit.

THANKS!  You have a couple of the cards that are on my wish list for next year (Barclays and Discover It)!!

Message 17 of 21
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  Might be time to check out the Pre Qualify Sites.

Message 18 of 21
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 19 of 21
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@Jerry45 wrote:

Congrats!  Might be time to check out the Pre Qualify Sites.

THANKS!  The only one that shows me love is Chase for the Freedom or Slate, but I'm going to hold out for now.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.