cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINGERHUT FRESH START (Graduating by paying early)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINGERHUT FRESH START (Graduating by paying early)

So, i got impatient and paid off my fingerhut purchase very early...meh...either way, it was kind of done as a test case. 

I also contacted them shortly afterwards.

Purchased on 7/15, paid off by 8/17 (my first statement wasnt even due until 9/15/15

Here it is, i will let you know if it really happens in the next few days.

I did have a concern, My Terms state "You can pay off "EARLY" if youd like. I paid it off in 1 month. Do i qualify to be reviewed for graduation? 

NEPHI
 If you paid early, it will disqualify to graduate. You must pay at least 3 or 4 payments. 11:13 AM

I did make 4 payments 11:13 AM 

The terms state i can pay it off as early as i Like as long as it is not done at time of purchase. 11:13 AM 

NEPHI
 According to the Fingerhut FreshStart Terms and Conditions, if you elect to pay your entire balance due at the same time as your down payment, this cancels your loan and you may not be eligible to be considered for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account. 11:13 AM

as long as i do not pay it off in full at time of purchase 11:14 AM 

I did not pay it off at the time of down payment 11:14 AM 

8/17/2015
Payment
PAYMENT - THANK YOU
PAID
View Details
8/6/2015
Payment
PAYMENT - THANK YOU
PAID
View Details
7/27/2015
Payment
PAYMENT - THANK YOU
PAID
View Details
7/16/2015
Order
SHIPPED
View Details
7/16/2015
Payment
PAYMENT - THANK YOU
PAID
View Details 11:14 AM

NEPHI
 Let me check your account. 11:14 AM

NEPHI
 May I have the phone number listed on your account, please? 11:14 AM

***-***-**** 11:15 AM 

NEPHI
 Thank you. 11:15 AM

NEPHI
 May I ask for the first name, last name and the last four digits of your Social Security Number as listed on the account? 11:15 AM

************************, **** 11:15 AM 

NEPHI
 Thank you, ************************. 11:16 AM

NEPHI
 Can I place you on hold while I check your payment? 11:17 AM

Aye 11:17 AM 

NEPHI
 Thank you. 11:17 AM

NEPHI
 Thank you for patiently waiting. 11:20 AM

Of course! 11:20 AM 

NEPHI
 Upon checking here, you have 4 payments including the downpayment. Actually, this account will be reviewed by Credit Department. As what I know they will qualify your account to graduate.11:21 AM
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINGERHUT FRESH START (Graduating by paying early)

Please report back! I opened my fresh start account around the same day as you and I really don't want to carry this $14 payment for several months..I was thinking about paying September, October and paying it off completely in November

Message 2 of 13
vertekal
Regular Contributor

I'd love to know too. I was approved months ago for a $230 Fresh Start account. I did a prequal again yesterday, and was approved for the real $400 webbank account. However, I couldn't set up the account because my SSN is already tied to the older Fresh Start account.

FICO 8:
EQ: 1/2018: 494 | 4/2021: 652 (+158)
TU: 1/2018: 536 | 4/2021: 657 (+121)
EX: 1/2018: 499 | 4/2021: 641 (+142)

Mortgage Scores:
EQ: 9/2020: 560 | 4/2021: 648 (+88)
TU: 9/2020: 564 | 4/2021: 649 (+85)
EX: 9/2020: 576 | 4/2021: 672 (+96)

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I qualified for the Fingerhut Freshstart program and paid the initial deposit that was required. About 2 weeks later I paid the item off fully. They graduated me immediately and raised my limit an extra $20. Didn't need to contact them or anything.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Define "immediately"?
Message 5 of 13
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

I had a $200 credit limit with them for the fresh start and bout  a tablet (yes overpriced) that I paid off in 5. A month later I was bumped to their credit line and they raised my limit to $750. I occasionaly buy something really cheap to keep it active but it is a nice thing to have on my report. So far no complaints. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like the longer you wait to pay them off the better the increase will be. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, im a little worried. 

I was asleep (i work overnight)

and upon waking up i had about 5 missed calls.

i went through and called all of them back. turns out one of them was Fingerhut, (no message was left)

any of you that got graduated, did you have to accept a phone call or something?

did i miss my chance or something? im worried lol.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

After paying a deposit, then 2 weeks later paying off the entire item in full...I was graduated by the end of that month. So it took one month essentially for me to apply for credit and complete the FreshStart program. That being said, my limit is still only $200 probably because I haven't  made but 2 payments within a month. I imagine if you'd make at least 3 months of payments the increase in credit would be substantial but I didn't want to take that long to pay off a blender.

Message 9 of 13
lachrymosa
Established Member

I wouldn't worry Brachra. When I graduated from the Freshstart program it was all done automatically and I never called or received a call from Fingerhut. Call them back if you need reassurance.
You can't take the sky from me...

Starting scores 8/18/15
Experian 590 Transunion 609 Equifax 620
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.