Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH LVNV FUNDING LLC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH LVNV FUNDING LLC

I had a collection with LVNV Funding Llc, and I email, sent letters, called them to see if I could PFD, but no dice...  After so many moons, I gave up, and we came to an agreement that I would pay 60% of the debt but they would report to the credit bureaus as "paid in full".  It took them about 3 weeks to report to the credit agencies, but to my disbelief, I saw on the comments "Account paid for less than full balance"! UGH!...  A month went by and I got a letter from LVNV Funding stating that the account was paid in full. So I decided to dispute with the credit agencies the comments.  I started with Transunion, six days later, the collection was removed from my credit report, giving me a 30 points jump "insert HAPPY DANCE here"...  I called last night Equifax and try to dispute with them, but they told me that I have no collections on my report.  Equifax went up only 10 points.

That was my last collection on my report.  Two more years for Fingerthut charge off to fall of and my credit will be clean.

3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH LVNV FUNDING LLC

Congrats on getting that collection removed 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious.. did you get it in writing that they’d report as PIF? Was wondering if I could just call em up and see if they’ll agree..
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Curious.. did you get it in writing that they’d report as PIF? Was wondering if I could just call em up and see if they’ll agree..

No, everything was done over the phone... 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.