Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factor in the score after a public record

tag
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Factor in the score after a public record

Through my own personal experience I have found that this was a factor for the first four years. It is in regards to after you have filed a bankruptcy or had any other public record on your credit report. After forty eight months that reason risk code goes away. before that I called the credit bureaus & Myfico customer care to which at the time either one had any answer.

LENGTH OF TIME DEROGATORY PUBLIC RECORD OR COLLECTION IS TOO SHORT OR TOO RECENT.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Factor in the score after a public record

This is what I see on a single pull after 4.6 yrs. I'm 2 and a half months away from 5 yrs half way.

bk.PNG

What it said after 24 months I dont remember. FWIW.

Message 2 of 5
CreditBob
Established Contributor

You will still have that showing on your report until it drops off. What I was saying is separate from what you are stating. It is a separate description that comes up.

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That what I was saying. At almost 5 yrs. It doesnt say what yours did say. And I dont remeber what it said under 48 months. There is no point gains from an aging BK.  NVM.

Message 4 of 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

This is what I see on a single pull after 4.6 yrs. I'm 2 and a half months away from 5 yrs half way.

bk.PNG

What it said after 24 months I dont remember. FWIW.

That is not a standard reason code format. The OP is referring specifically to the 4 reason codes given for why your score is not higher

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.