Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair Collections and Outsourcing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair Collections and Outsourcing

Has anyone had any luck doing a PFD with this CA? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fair Collections and Outsourcing

I have been trying but so far no luck...but I'm not giving up.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had any luck either.  I'm thinking I might call the OC to see if they still own the account and see if they will take payment. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you send a DV to them CMRRR  before the PFD?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not send a DV before sending the PFD.  I had only read about the PFD and didn't even know that I was supposed to DV first.  They didn't accept the PFD, but instead sent me a list of charges due.  I didn't receive a dunning letter from them until AFTER they reported on my CR.

Message Edited by jennifer143 on 10-09-2008 01:40 PM
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a good start. Did you mention you were disputing the debt in your PFD or you just acknowledged it? did you PFD before or after their letter?

Did you receive the letter from them within 5 days from appearing on your credit report?

How did you become aware of their existence?

Message 6 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

demed raises some good points to consider.  The CA is requried to send their formal letter to you within 5 days of any contact with you about the debt, and posting in your CR would arguably qualify as such, so you may have a violation of the FDCPA if their letter was sent more than five days after their public posting with the CRA.

As for your PFD letter that was sent before securing initial DV, that is a definate no no!  It is very difficult to argue, after you send an offer to settle a debt, that you have no responsibility for the debt. They will most likely use that PFD offer against you.   Many state SOL laws provide for reset of the SOL if subsequent payments or offers to pay are made.  I would advise that you research your state SOL provisions. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to call the OC and see if they still own the account.  I have the money to PIF and just want to get this debt paid.   
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the OC still has it, and you still have the money to PIF - beg them, cry, tell them about your 15 children at home, but get them to PFD...Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.